Save Me/49/Fallen Orange

Hello everyone!!! I'm so sorry for the reallllllly late update. You all know how it is... SCHOOL:( And I also got really sick... like twice. But anyways. I'll try to at least update possibly 3 times a month which is not enough but I want to give you guys the best. Thank you for the support and I love you guys!!!

Oh and one more thing. I'm in a Marching Band and recently we've been fundraising for the music program. We only get $100 a year for instruments, music, trips, transportation etc and its not enough to sustain us. Please if you can donate a little then I'd be really thankful T^T. Here's the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/marchathon

thank you!!!! Enjoy

Anime Quote:

"If you guys weren't here, I don't know what would have happened to me. You can't live in this world alone, no matter how you look at it."

-Manato(Hai to Gensou no Grimgar)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mikan!!!"

Mikan falls to her knees, as the blood runs between her fingers. Natsume leaps down to catch her before she falls. "Nat...sume?" Confusion is expressed in her cold eyes. "I... I..."

He doesn't know what to do first, cry or hold her close.

"Shh..." he takes her head and places it down on his lap. His throat closes tightly as he fights to stay calm.

This can't be happening!

He shakes his head and trembles. The tears drop on her face, "No... no... no... no... no!" is all he can say as he holds her close to his chest.

"I got shot... didn't I?" Her fingers shake as she holds onto him, the blood staining his hands. She starts to laugh a little, "I don't feel anything... I'm just... cold."

He covers his mouth and shakes his head in disbelief at the scene before him. Then after taking a shaky breath, he wraps her in his blazer.

The rest of their friends run to her side. The Hunters are all arrested and the teachers that were confined have come to see the commotion.

Her uncle barks out orders for medical help but it's all distant to Mikan. 

"Is Youichi okay?" She mumbles with a cough.

The clock ticks away.

The silence is closing in.

Her ears are fading.

Natsume chokes, "H-he's unconscious-they're unchaining him right now..."

"Good..." She smiles as her chest slowly rises up and down. "A-and... Joshua?"

"He's dead." Ruka squeaks as he covers his mouth.

"Why... why? Y-you promised Mikan..." Natsume leans down and holds her temple to his. "This can't be happening. We just got back together." He says under his breath. "Why?"

Mikan reaches up and touches his cheek. "I tried..." Her tears plop from her eyes and her lips quiver. "I tried but I knew this would happen... it was inevitable."

Their friends start to cry even louder.

Sumire hugs Koko who blocks her face, "It's gonna be alright." But even his eyes have started to water and his sobs have become more painful.

Her sempais look down without a single word on their lips. Misaki gets down on her knees and takes Mikan's other hand.

"The medics are coming!!! Just hold on!!" But her body is shaking.