Prologue - A star is born

She left in the darkness of the winter solstice. The large napsack weighted heavily on her heart. It was only ten grand, he wouldn't even notice.

Her sins echoed in tandem with the distant midnight express. Her weary gaze swept through the deserted train terminal. At 17 years of age she looked like a grown woman standing in the back light of the terminal.

Closing her eyes for a split second images of her butchered up father invaded her mind.

She needed to keep sane.

Paranoia had began to set in, she couldn't go back. Her last plan of escape was foiled by her naivety.

The shadows were taunting her. Just breath she begged her self.

The Butcher is coming for you. Run Nova. Her head screamed.

The pounding of her heart assaulted her
It was just a matter of minutes and she would be finally free. No longer will he be able to harm her. No longer will he be able to break her spirit.

He had taken all of her innocence, when she was just 14. The delusion of power and money had corrupted her mother, her only saviour. She had enough. Remember who you are and walk in faith not by sight.

Fuck them all. Nova glared at the starry night sky and promised to the Gods, that she would make them pay one way or another. First she would prove to the world, that she was the brightest star.

The world was her weapon and she wielded the power of her own destiny.

She bordered the empty train and never looked back.

It was time to start out a fresh in the south side.