Chapter 4 - The sun will always rise

NOVA POV

I rushed into the chaotic club in search of my babygirl Nicola. So damn late. I just had to put on my bodycon dress and tie my hair up in a high pony. I chided my self as I realised that my hand bag did not even match my outfit. I texted Nicola and made my way to the bar in the hopes that she had ordered a drink for me.  It was certainly a crazy ass week.

I had met Nicola when I moved to the city all those years ago. I had rented a room from her grandmama and got myself to complete my schooling. We were like sisters even though we were polar opposites.

She was naive as hell, letting people walk all over her. She settled for second best and was working her ass off as a caregiver even through she was a qualified beautician.  I read her response and moved towards the VIP section. I quickly noticed that this area was filled with Costa crew.

Costa was dressed in a pair of black true religion jeans, vans and a fitted white t shirt. I never meet the dude but heard crazy ass stories about him. He started out in the drug game and went legit after making it big. He was know the owner of many businesses in town. Recognised for being ruthless, many said that he truly never left the game and all his businesses were just fronts.

I shook my head in disbelief as I watched her getting handled by some unknown dude. Typical Nicola. If it was me, I would of handled him properly and sent him with his tail between his legs.

Nicola wad nervous as she greeted me. She looked like a silly little girl that was looking for some cock.

The dude introduced himself as Rio and before I knew it I was laid up in the VIP section sipping drinks with Costa and his boys.

Well, Costa just brushed Nicola and I off like some groupies and turned his attention between his phone and the half naked women that stood before him.

Rio seemed like a nice guy, he brought drinks for us and cracked some lame ass jokes. He really was smittened with Nicole and I felt like a spare wheel. I walked around the area and stood near Costa.

Suddenly the main lights went off, and the music stopped. I felt the uneasiness build up in my gut. Maybe it was a poor outage or something. The club stood dead silent for a single moment. In seconds it transformed into chaos as bullets rained on us. I turned to Nicola and immediately saw that Rio had her pinned on the floor. He was shielding her and trying to fire shots.

Some of Costa' s boys were hit and laid sprawled on the floor. I instinctively grabbed a semi automatic off the floor and began retaliating.  I wasn't prepared to die tonight.

I began pulling the trigger and had hit two unknown suspects in the legs and shoulders. I didn't realise that Costa was behind me covering my back.  The shoot out lasted for about 10 minutes. The lights miraculously turned on and the sounds of sirens began to blurr in the distance. I put the gun in my bag and locked eyes with Costa.

"You should always have an hitter to the left" I mutted. Before he could respond I walked over to Nicola.

Horror began to set in as she was covered in blood. Tears swelled in her eyes as we embraced.

Rio had been shot