Chapter 8 - When the cards begin to fall♥

Rio POV

It was a silent Sunday on the block. Most of the members were sleeping off the club or all up in church. I just sat on my porch with my blunt and absorbed the scenery. That ass was thick. Baby girl was blessed. I thought as a fine ass mama walked down the road wearing the shortest of dresses, I had ever seen.

The smell of bacon attracted my senses. Baby Nicola was cooking up a storm in the kitchen. Last night I finally got to laid it deep in her. It had been days since I released all my frustration. I got to hand it to Nicola, shorty had some tricks.

I lit up my blunt and texted my boy Costa. Last night had been strange. He hardly spoke a word. He was upset about something. I just wish he would relax his ass just for a second.

He was always stressed out. Nah he need to get laid with a sexy mama.

I should get Nicola to organise her boo Nova. Nova was tight and if Costa didn't want it. I was definately gona take her for a test drive. I licked my lips and read all the messages on my iPhone.

The first message was from Costa. We was having a meeting at the offices at 2pm. I sighed at the thought of running over figures. He reaĺly was a control freak

The second message was from my mama Kiana begging for more money. I guess her sugar daddy finally bailed on her. I made a mental note to do a transfer.

The last message was from an unknown number:

Hope you liked our little message we sent. Next time you wouldn't be so lucky. You got until tomorrow or you won't be nursing a flesh wound. XXX

My blood ran cold and I dropped my blunt on the floor. Fuck this shit. I laid my hand on my head and said a silent prayer. I didn't have them dollars on me. These hoes weren't playing. It was all or nothing. I had skipped four months payment and the interest had reached its boiling point. They won't hearing excuses from me. If they couldnot get what they wanted, they was coming for me and my family.

Costa paid me well but I loved to play them black jack. One crazy night I let the game take control and now I owed money to the house. Not just any house, but the biggest under ground syndicate.

We called then the family, cause it was made up of an intricate network of players. They had their own code of conduct and did business differently from the streets. There wasnt enough time to liquidate my cars and gold bars, even if I did that I was still gona come up short.

I could only run for so long and if i did run they would be coming after my baby girl and Costa. My eyes began to burn. I needed a way out.

The only other person left too ask was Costa. That was like entering the eye of the storm.

I got off my ass and went inside to find baby girl laying out the table. She smiled with her pearly whites and beckoned me too eat.

I had no appetite too eat. I just wanted to be alone.

"Baby boo is something wrong", Nicola mumbled.
Her voice sounded so annoying.

"Please can you take your things and leave"I commanded as I stormed out the door.