2. Him

The wind blows hard, birds chirping sweet sounds. Oh how I love weekends.

"Mom I'm going to my tution center now"

"Wait. Haeyoung I need to talk to you"

"What is it mom?" I ask as she signaled me to sit on the chair across her on the same table.

By the way, my "house" is literally the second floor of a shop house. Yes a shop house. I'm not rich, that's for sure. There's two small rooms and a toilet upstairs, while my mom's noodle restaurant on the bottom floor.

"About your tutions and other classes...."

"What is it?"

"I told the teachers that you're not continuing them. Y-you know they have been really nice to us even though I haven't paid 3 months of the fees but I feel like we're a burden to them..."

"What? Mom why? What about the scholarship competition? Why didn't you ask me first? I'm sure we've talked about this?"

A lot of questions fly around my head. Why so suddenly? I understood what she meant but, shouldn't she at least ask for my opinion?

Other than math tution once a week, I also went to drawing class and piano class. I was planning to enter a webtoon competition that was recommended by my drawing teacher.

I know my family's not rich enough to send me to a college or a university. I've always known that. That's why I work hard studying.

"Y-your father..."

That jerk.

I knew what she's about to say even before she could make out any other words. My father has always been a useless man. He's drunk all the time and always out gambling. And now... he literally ruined my dream to get into a university. Alright, my grades are great but getting a scholarship is not easy and background check is included.

"No mom I...I get it. It's fine" It's not fine.

"No but I could've just maybe stop him from taking it or something but I-" tears started to well up in her eyes. Not only for my tution, the bills, restaurant workers salary and all that. There's a lot to pay.

So do mine. My visions are getting blurry. I have tears in my eyes but I don't wanna cry. Not infront of her.

I ran upstairs to my bedroom and lock the door before throwing myself to my small bed, bawling my eyes out.

Why? Why's life so hard? Why can't I just live peacefully? Guess I'll never get to do so.