23. The truth

[not edited. sorry for any errors]

****

*Third person's POV*

*Flashback*

"Today, your mom will come back home. Make sure you greet her right"

"What? I don't have mother. It was only you who raised me. I don't want her here. Tell her not to come to my house!"

"V, how could you say that? She's your mother!"

"No! I don't have mother!"

"That's mean, Kim Taehyung! Never say that again. You're grounded. Go to your room, now!" the little boy then run up the enormous stairs, feeling annoyed.

A black limousine then rolled into the passageway. A second later a woman dressed in a tight red dress with dark red lips stepped out in arrogance and dissatisfaction drawn all over her face. You could tell that she's here for no good.

"Thank you for coming" Mr.Kim greeted her, in desperation. As much as he wouldn't want to believe it, she's the only hope left.

"You know exactly why I agreed to do this. Don't pretend to be nice to me. You know we both don't like each other don't you?"

And they both sat on the luxurious couches on the living room, facing each other. The woman doesn't bother thanking the maid who had poured hot tea into her cup, not like the gentleman sitting across her. To her, these low class people means nothing. Growing up lavish the word "sorry" was never realy found exiting her mouth.

"How long will you hide your illness away from that child?" The woman took a little sip.

"Until the end, I guess"

"So when did you found out about it? And how bad is it? Just trying to calculate the dates you know. Planning a funeral won't be easy, don't you think?"

The man let out a deep breath as a reply. "My cancer is already on the final stage. I don't think I'll last for long, considering my age as well"

"Karma's a bitch, I can say"

His gaze lowers in defeat. He's more than aware of what he did wrong, but it's too late now.

"Here's the paperwork and statements as I promised"

The woman drew a suspicious smirk on her face as she gets a hold of the file.

"Also.." the man reach for a piece of paper. It was a contract. "Read this through and sign it, please. I gave you everything"

The woman proceeded to roll her eyes, right before scanning the paper.

"So it seems like I just have to try to keep him alive until he's 21" the woman states before scribbling her signature at the very bottom of the paper. "Guess my work is done for now? Need to go unpack my stuffs"
She stood up.

"Wait" the man stood after her. "I know you hate me. But please, don't hate him. I'm begging you."

"It was written that I can't lay a finger on him. What a pampered boy he is" she roll her eyes in frustration.

"I hope you would give him much love when I'm gone"

"How do you expect me to love him when he's not even mine?" She turns around, facing the man again.

"Look-"

"How could I love him when you deceived me because of him?" she raises her voice. The man stayed silent. He knew it was all his fault.

"The past is in the past. I think we should just move on and treat him like he's ours. Together. While I still got time"

"Are you being serious right know?" the woman is in disbelief. Wondering if her ears had malfunctioned.

"We'll give him love and-"

"DO YOU REALLY THINK I'D LOVE HIM LIKE HE'S MY OWN CHILD WHEN HE'S THE RESULT OF YOUR AFFAIR WITH ANOTHER WOMAN BEHIND ME?!" She explodes. If it wasn't for the money, fame, company and the little percentage of sympathy she has for him, the both of them wouldn't be meeting at this moment. Far from agreeing on an offer.

"I know, I know it's my fault but please quiet down he might hear us...."

His words fade from the ears of a boy on the stairs who ran towards his room, lock the door and start suffocating himself with his own tears. He had in fact heard everything. Every single detail with no miss. That woman is not his mother. He doesn't even have one.

*End of flashback*

"Mhmm hello?" Haeyoung fakes a sleepy voice, answering her phone. Since the day she met V's mother, she haven't been able to sleep. Thinking quite deeply about the scene. About how the woman singlehandedly hurt her pride.

"Haehae-ah, it's me"