Chapter 9

Deans POV

Jo and I had flipped a coin earlier this shift and I ended up losing. She has to clear tables and greet will I take orders, run the meals out and clean the tables. All the three things I hated doing. Why the hell no how the hell did I allow Jo to convince me to flip that damn coin.
I was on my last order of the night thankfully.
"Hi my names Dean" I mentally noted thanks to Sam that my name was written correctly. "Welcome to Harvelle's roadhouse I'll be your waiter for tonight, can I interest-" ah what the fuck. I looked down to see red spilling down my fingers.

When I woke I was in a hospital bed, a breathing mask over my face. I felt nauseous I rolled my head over to see Sam asleep on a chair and Cas asleep on the bed holding my hand. I wanted to show him I was awake but I fell back asleep.

  I woke to a sharp pain in my chest the breathing mask getting fogged with my heavy breathing the loud ringing of monitors where piercing my ears, Cas was standing over me, then the dark room got bright and dark all at once until I seen and heard nothing.

  My eyes were heavy it was hard to open them but slowly I did letting out a grunt of pain. My head hurt, no it was more like it was splitting in two. The pain was making it hard to stay awake.

Cas was snuggled close to me when I woke this time. My head wasn't pounding but my breathing was still shaky I could tell by the fog around the breathing mask. I managed to move my hand up to holding Cas' hand, he flinched waking up surprised to see me. He got up his hand slipped and he stumbled a little his elbow pushed into my stomach my body electrocuted with pain all I could do to keep myself from screaming was grid my teeth together. Cas expression as far as I could see from the faint water collecting in my eyes was broken and scared. The monitors were ringing again but everything stopped.
An electric shock jolted my body back the noise was once again hearable but slowed down to a steady pace before I began to get dizzy, I thought I heard
"no please. don't go. I love you"
but the voice was unrecognizedable.

I woke again this time the room wasn't dark but the sun was beaming down in the empty room. I felt better and there was no breathing mask just a nosetube. I sat up with barely any pain.
"Dean!!" My head shot to the familiar noise, a smile filled my face when I seen Sam. He came rushing to me embracing me in a hug to which a warmly welcomed.

"H..hey Sammy"  My throat was a little sore and my voice harsh.

"Been a while Dean" he smiled releasing me from the hug looking at me then he grabbed his phone calling someone
"The demon has risen"
It seemed like who he was talking to didn't understand so Sam had to clarify.
"Deans awake"

  An hour later after I finished eating Sam left because visiting hours were over. I was a little upset that Cas hadn't come to see me I wanted to text him but I couldn't find my phone.
"D....Dean" I jumped a little at the noise. I figured it was a nurse, the voice wasn't familiar when I looked up I seen Cas. Wait. Cas?! Was that him who said my name.

"Cas?" His shoulders dropped and he looked down a smile hit his face before he moved quickly pulling my into a hug.
"Cas..."
He pulled away sitting on the bed beside me as he examined me.
"Cas...you..you said my name. Like out loud."  I was so shocked at Cas voice and that he said my name. What the hell happened while I was out ? Cas nodded as if teasing me that he could speak but wouldn't. I felt a tear slip down my cheek and my hand reached to Cas face.
"You said...my name" my voice was shaky. Cas smiled leaning close to my lips
"I missed you" he spoke softly hovering over my lips until I pushed my lips to his my hands reached up grabbing at his jacket pulling him close, he pinned me down moving on top of me. Our lips pushed together making up for lost time. Unfortunately we couldn't go any further because it was after all a hospital.

  A couple days later I was finally released and given the slip saying I was in condition to drive. Cas took all the things out to the car while I got dressed. I met him outside, he waited in the car while I leaned against the side of baby, pulling a pack out of my pocket I placed a smoke between my lips. I hated going so long without a smoke, I wasn't addict I could quit whenever I wanted but I was so nerved up in there and a smoke always calmed my nerves. I took my time finishing it. Grabbing the keys I got inside starting her up.
"Woooo!!! Listen to her purr!" Hearing my baby was much needed. My hands moved up to the wheel feeling the bumps and how my hand curved fitting it so well.
"You gonna drive or do you two need some alone time ?" Cas sarcastically spoke. It took some time to get use to Cas voice and not get excited down below every time and it took sometime for him to be completely comfortable with talking around me, at first he would think about every response and word it perfectly like he was scared to say something wrong. I assured him it was okay to be himself and speak how he wants and with that sarcastic comment he was doing just that. I laughed and started driving.