Chapter 15

I gulped. "Um... Clay, how did you get my number?"

He chucked "We used to date, remember?"

"I changed my number..."

"Anyway, I just moved into an apartment down the street from you, wanna help me move in?"

"No. I never want to see you again!" I yelled.

"Well shit. That's sucks. I just got a job at Starbucks, I heard you work there?"

"Yes... How do you know?"

"I know more than you think. I start tomorrow, see ya then, sweetie."

Annoyed, I pressed the end button and threw my phone across the room. It hit the wall making me jump. I slammed my laptop shut and started pacing the room.

To calm myself down, I flipped open my laptop and logged into the house shared Netflix.

"American Horror Story? Yes!" I clicked on season two and started watching the fifth episode where I had left off.

After I had finished that, I went into Ricky's room and he wasn't there.

"Ricky?" I called through the house wanting to tell him about my phone call.

"Gym!" Jc called from downstairs.

"Thanks!" I replied.

"No problem!

I went to Connor's room and he was on Tumblr.

"So, guess who called me a few hours ago?" I said leaning against the door.

"I have no idea." He said shrugging.

"Clay." I said with tears welling up in my eyes.

"And? Did he hurt you?" He asked standing up.

"No, well kind of, but I'm fine. He moved to California. He works at the same Starbucks. I don't wanna see him!" I yelled running to Conn and hugging him.

"It's all good, you don't have to." He said smirking and wiping my tears.

"Okay, what do I do about my job?"

"Quit. Get a YouTube. I'll help you out."

"Really?" I smiled and looked up at him.

"Of course. No go clean up your face, there's tear stains all over it." He said.

Honestly, Connor reminded me more of a father than a brother.

I laughed and walked into his bathroom, grabbed a washcloth and cleaned off my face, mascara was literally going everywhere. I looked in the mirror and I looked fine.

I stepped back into his room. "Thanks!" I said before walking out.

"No prob." He said back.

Feeling much better, I got into the shower and put on Ricky's tank that he gave me along with a pair of pajama shorts with kittys on them.

I went downstairs and found Kian on the couch with Jc playing Mairo Kart.

"KIAN!" I yelled running up to him, plopping down next to him and hugging his side.

"ALANA!" He yelled back, all focus on his game.

"You're here!"

"I am."

I climbed up the back of the couch and crawled over to Jc.

I clung to his back. "JC!" I yelled.