Chapt. 10

- The Doors -

Once the door behind you shuts, you pressed your back against it and heave sigh. "Man, that was chaotic," you mutter.

You pushed yourself off the double doors and thought it was best to walk around and get to know the place. It was much easier to take in your surroundings due to the halls being empty. A pair of teachers ran past you to the direction of where you came from. One of them groaned, "Not this again."

"Just think that we could've been dealing with the 2ps," the other pointed out, panting.

'True,' was the last thing that echoed in the hallway once they rounded the corner.

You continued on with your roaming and stopped in front of a specific spot. There were metal double doors that had a thick metal chain wrapped around the bars that opened the two doors. A lock was clipped on tight and looked like it wouldn't open anytime soon, due to the obvious rusting on the metal. The little widows on the door were splotches with black paint, hiding what was on the other side. A paper with a weird yellow stain on it was duct taped to the doors.

It read:

''Do NOT open! You have been warned''

"Well, that's very specific," you muttered sarcastically. "But what's on the other side?" The question prodded your curiosity even more. You remembered not long ago when you were walking around to another class with Antonio and Gilbert that you asked about that door. All they said was to not worry about that and changed the subject completely. Then, you let it slide, but now, your full attention was on the doors now that you had a good look at it.

You took the cold metal lock in your palm and pulled it up. "There's no way to unlock this unless I find the key. And I'm no lock picker." You tugged on it a little, the metal rattling as it rubbed and tapped against metal. "And there's no way for me to break these chains," you added to yourself.

Guess that means you'll have to let your curiosity eat away at you, to your disappointment. You let out a small sigh.

"Curious now, are we?"

The sudden new voice made you almost jump out of your skin. You whipped around to face the new encounter. It was a guy (obviously), leaning against a wall. He had shaggy light brown hair, blood red eyes, and a tiny little top hat with two ribbons coming off of it. He wore a long red coat over his button-up instead of the blazer everyone was given, the little 1p pin clipped to it. The distinct feature about him was his sharp, fang-like canines. It even made you run your tongue along your own teeth. You could've guessed that he was a vampire, but you wouldn't put your money on something so cliché. By looking at the the glint in his eyes and devilish smile, you could tell he's the kind to cause some mischief.

You squinted your eyes. "Who are you?"

The male pushed himself off the wall and walked towards you. He leaned down to your eye level a waggled a finger at you. "Now that's not the important question at hand. The real question is: How are you going to get on the other side?" He countered your question.

You rose a brow at the red eyed devil. You didn't know what to think of him. "That's what you wanted, right newbie?"he asked.

You bit your lip. What was he getting at? Did he want something? You could decline, but you really wanted to see what's on the other side.

As if reading your mind, he smirked. He reached into his coat and pulled out a key on a ring, a little charm chained to it. He twirled it around his index finger and let out a little giggle. "You want it~?"