Chapter Nineteen.

Shane tasted like whiskey. His tongue moving with mine as we gripped each other desperate for human contact. We knew what pain was when you loved someone who apparently didn't give a shit about you. I didn't want it to be Shane, but it was. I tried hard to pretend it was Daryl, but the thought of what he did to me only moments prior made tears run down my face. This wasn't Daryl as much as I wanted it to be. Daryl's rejection caused me more pain than any smack of my father's belt ever did. 

I had slid onto Shane's lap straddling his waist, him running his large hands through my long hair. I moaned into his mouth and let his hands wander where they wanted. I didn't care anymore. I had meaningless sex with men plenty times in my life, but that was all before I realized I loved Daryl. But seeing as how Daryl clearly didn't feel the same way as I did, I would do whatever the hell I wanted and right now that was Shane....

~!~

When i finally woke up I found myself stark naked laying on the ground of the rec room, Shane's arm wrapped around my waist from behind. I sighed and slipped out of his grip before quickly tossing my clothes back on. "Shane" I mumbled shaking him awake. His eyes opened for a moment before wincing at the bright light that was inside the room. Yeah, we were both going to have a terrible hangover today. My head was already pounding and I wanted to puke all over the place, but I somehow kept it down. 

Being underground I had no idea what time it was, and no idea if someone walked in here last night and saw us but i really didn't care. Screw them if they want to judge two single people for having a little fun last night. We weren't married, we had no commitments to anyone and who knew if we would even be alive tomorrow. "You alright?" Shane asked me as he started buckling up his pants. I nodded and smirked at his toned chest. Shane noticed and smirked back before pulling me off the couch and placing a quick kiss on my lips. 

"Come on, lets find the group" Shane said before leading me out into the hallway. It was quiet out here, too quiet. the group wasn't in the dining area where we figured they would be, the remnants of breakfast was still sitting around. I snagged some Aspirin from a bottle on the table and tossed the bottle to Shane, and we both chugged some water that was sitting on the table. "Where the fuck is everyone?" I asked, starting to get worried. 

I heard loud banging down the hall and the pair of us looked to each other before taking off down the hall. The room that Jenner showed us when we first showed up, the large room with computers was no sealed shut and I could hear people yelling inside. 

"You son of a bitch!" I heard Daryl's distinct voice shout from the other side, and I was close to yelling back at him, until I remembered what he did to me. Shane however started yelling at the door for Rick and Lori and everyone else.

"Shane! Jenner trapped us in here!" Rick's voice shouted through the large metal doors. "I see man! What the fuck?" Shane yelled back.

"Savannah out there with you?" Daryl's voice yelled back. Shane looked over at me for a moment and shrugged as if asking me to respond.

"Yes" Was all I said. "Can you find a way out Vannah?" Daryl asked softly. I frowned at the big metal door  as if Daryl could see me. Had he forgotten about last night? The door looked solid, like there was no way we were breaking through this thing. "Nah man, we ain't busting through this thing" Shane responded for me. I heard everyone shouting again, and something solid repeatedly hit the door over and over again.

"Savannah go pack everyone's bags, if Jenner opens that door we need to be ready to leave" Shane said to me while running a hand through his long black hair. I nodded quickly and ran off to the Dixon''s and my room. The room was in shambles, with a broken lamp and an overturned mattress and i wondered what the fuck Daryl and Merle did in here last night. The three of us never packed so i just tossed all three bags into the hall and gently placed Daryl's crossbow on top of his bag. I was mad at him, but i didn't want to break his trusty weapon of choice. 

I was pretty happy nobody in the group was stupid enough to unpack their things, and I really only had to pick up a couple of Sophia's shirts. Only five minutes later and I had everyone's bags sitting by there door so they could grab them and run when the time came, except for mine which was on my back. Shane was still down the hall trying to bust through the door, and I sighed knowing there was no use. So i walked back up to the top floor where we first arrived. 

The sun was out and judging by that alone I guessed it was past noon. I only saw two walkers wandering around outside in the grass, with plenty of dead bodies littering the surrounding area. I saw Atlanta's skyline off in the distance and I hated how close we were to the city. I was pulled from my thoughts when I heard everyone running down the hall, with Rick at the helm. I couldn't help but smile seeing they made it out of there.

Shane, Rick, Merle and Daryl took to trying to break through the glass, which much like the metal door didn't want to budge. But to my surprise Carol pulled a damn grenade out of her purse. Rick placed it by the window and yelled for everyone to get down. I grabbed Sophia and covered her body with mine since she was closest to me. I heard a large explosion and all of us were yelling to get out of the building. 

Daryl tried to grab my arm and drag me to his truck, I just glared at him and shrugged him off of me before jumping in Shane's jeep with him. The look Daryl gave me was filled with sadness and betrayal, and didn't last too long before Merle was dragging him away and into the truck. Shane suddenly pulled me down to the floorboards of his Jeep and covered my body with his. I raised and eyebrow at him before he responded.

"The buildings gonna fucking blow!" He shouted at me making my eyes go wide. That crazy bastard was going to let us all die in there! I swear we never should have came here, this was so stupid. This would be the last time I let someone lead me to a fucking dead end. This would be the last time I let Rick make a stupid decision like this, this man needs guidance not a bitch wife nagging his ear every other second. 

I felt the heat of the CDC covering Shane's and my bodies and the sweat immediately started rolling down my face. I hoped everyone made it out of there ok, because soon the caravan was moving once more and I had no idea what lied ahead....

A/N YESSS I'm finally done with the CDC lol! Season one is finished! I have big plans ahead! muahahahah