He Has To Pet Sit - Part 1

Part 1: Meeting The Pet

Akashi:

"Thank you so much for taking care of Spikey while I'm gone Seijuro

"Thank you so much for taking care of Spikey while I'm gone Seijuro." You say handing him the enclosure with Spikey the hedgehog. "I would have left at home, but my brothers tend to forget out him, and all I'll be gone all weekend." You smile at him while standing in his room.

"It is no problem, so what do I do to take care of him." Seijuro replies holding the cage and looking at the hedgehog.

"Ok, I brought the portable large cage so he can run around, but he likes to climb the wire so be careful he might escape, and make sure to set it up on a flat surface. I have brought a few of his toys so you can put those in when he goes in." You pause thinking while pointing to the folded up cage by the doorway, "In the enclosed make sure you place it somewhere you can see it and he does like to run on his wheel but not at night. He has learned to go to the bathroom in a tray in his cage so you will have to clean that."

"Anything else?" He asks beginning to question if he has taken on a larger task then he thought it was going to be.

"Yes the food, make sure he gets 2 tablespoons of the regular food for his breakfast. Around lunch time give his a teaspoon of the applesauce which is in the bag." You explain while setting a duffel bag on his bed. "And finally for dinner give Spikey one tablespoon of regular food and about ten mealworms and one cricket. The time table of when to feed him is in the bag also. Don't feed him anything else besides what I have told you to. And the food dish is the (F/C)."

"Ok is there anything else I should or need to know?" He says setting the enclosure down on his desk.

"Yes a few more things. Make sure he has fresh water at all times and rotate the bottles every day, I packed three extra ones so you don't have to worry about cleaning them. Also make sure it is not to loud in your room." You pause and walk over to the enclosure. "Sei you must pick him up and hold him for at a minimum thirty minutes and you could also place him in your lap. You should also play with him."

"How do I hold him?" Akashi asks walking over to you.

"Ok you have to be quite and approach slowly then with both of you hands cup them around and pick him up." You say demonstrating before placing Spikey back in his enclosure. "Anything else you need to know will be in Taking Care of A Hedgehog 101 book which is in the bag also along with his vet's number." You lean and give him a peck on his lips. "Thanks for taking care of him again. I'll pick him sometime late Sunday night."

"You're welcome and have fun at basketball camp (F/N)." He replies smiling giving you a kiss on the forehead.

"Bye and the institutions for the cage set up are in the bag." You wave goodbye before shutting the door to his room behind him.

"Well Spikey it just you and me and besides how hard can it be to take care of one hedgehog ." Akashi says crossing his arm before looking and the folded up cage. But he should have realized he just jinxed himself.