Thank you for trusting me

Athena's P.O.V

She reached out her warm hand and placed it on top of mine, i flinched back from the contact. I had never been touched by somebody showing affection and emotion towards me, usually when hands were touching me they had gloves on top to stop them from touching a disease, me in other words. The only other person who has touched me with love is Ethan. I dont know how to trust somebody because all my life i have learned its better to keep to myself than be punished.

"Now, please tell me why you were hiding under the bed, and take your time there is no rush." She whispered to me. I nodded, and looked everywhere but at her face. I could picture her eyes watching my every movement, so i bowed my head and twisted my fingers trying to think of a rational responce that wouldn't get me sent to the looney farm because i was nuts. I opened my mouth to say something and Jessica leaned in looking proud that i had made a move to speak. My lips trembled as she waited in anticipation, i stuttered at first but relaxed into the conversation.

"W...W..Well, i... i ... i was hiding under the bed be..because i was s..s..scared of what the boys would do, they were going on about how rogues should all be killed and technically i'm a rogue and they were going on about torturing rogues and about how i was brought here and that i... i was Ethans mate and i panicked because i was never treated properly in my old pack by the males so i hid in the one place they couldn't see me." I concluded in a rush, she looked at me and sighed.

"Athena, nobody will hurt you whilst you are here, i will protect you and so will my mate and Ethan, you will have to speak to him about mates because it's not really my place to say. Would you like to go and get a drink?" She inquired politely, I paused for a minute to think and kept thinking about how dry my throat was. I nodded and whispered,

"Yes please, that would be lovely thank you. Dont go to any difficulty for me, a simple glass of water will do." I smiled at her. She grinned back a goofy smile and said,

"Would you like a can of 7up" I looked at her blank, i had never heard the term before. I was utterly confused.

"Pardon me if you dont mind me asking, but may i be so bold to inquire, what is a 7...7up?" I asked puzzled. She gasped shocked and put her hand over her mouth.

"OMG, you have not lived until you try this, i will grap you one to try i will be one minute, and Athena" I looked up at her, "You dont have to be so formal." She winked at me before she sped from the room and dissapeared from my line of vision. I sat on her bed and moved back so my back was resting against the wall and i took my shoes and socks off so i could sit with my arms wrapped around my knees. My feet were extremely clean so no mess was created in the process. I closed my eyes and started to hum to a song Chasing Cars - Snow Patrolas i waited for Jess, to return. I heard a door shut and a sigh as i felt a weight push down on the bed.

"Here" She passed me a can and i looked at it, i examined it from every angle looking at it cautiously. Once i confirmed it was safe i opened it. I breathed in and took a small sip and swallowed it. I gave it a minute before i resumed drinking it. By the time i was finished i held onto the empty can, clutching it in my hands. I felt a bubbling sensation in my stomach and i let out a little burp. I blushed bright red as Jessica giggled. I said pardon to myself as i got up to search for a bin. I succeeded when i saw one hidden in the corner. I placed the can in the bin and sat back on the bed. Me and Jess, we talked for a while before her mate came back with Ethan. I looked at the door as they knocked and entered. Her mate looked at me and smiled.

"I'm sorry last time i saw you i was a bit violent. My name is Dominic" He raised his hand and placed it infront of him for me to shake. I flinched back scared he would hit me.I heard a growl eminate from somebody's chest and i whimpered. It stopped immediatly. After a minute feeling a little more confident i shook his hand that was still waiting and his face lit up like a light bulb when i shook it. I whispered goodbye to Jessica and forced a smile to her mate as Ethan took my hand and guided me to his room. He sat on the bed and i stood by the now closed door watching him with curious eyes. I followed and tracked his every movement. He looked at me confused and patted the bed beside him expecting me to sit by him. I muttered a quick sorry and went and sat on the edge of the bed. I felt two arms snake around my waist as Ethan pulled me into his lap with my back against his chest. My heart was beating rapidly because he was touching me and also because i felt scared. As my head drooped from tiredness it landed on his shoulder and chest. I sort of turned around so i was more comfortable. I gave him my trust, this was the first time i willed myself to be calm in the presence of a male wolf or even a human for that fact.  He nuzzled my neck as i closed my eyes.

"Athena, My name is Athena, i thought you should know" I whispered drowsily as i listened to his heart thud evenly and gently every beat. Mine tried to follow his lead, at least thats what it sounded like. There was something about this male alpha holding me in his arms. I would discover it sooner or later. But eventually the truth would come out.

"Thank you for giving me your trust and trusting me by giving me the honour of your name. I have also noticed you are becoming more relaxed with my presence. Thank you again, i will not abuse this priceless gift you have given me. He placed a small kiss on my forehead as i slipped into a place where only my dreams could find me.

Comment

Vote

Fan

How was it? I know it has been ages since i last updated. I'm so sorry for the late update guys, first i had tests and then i went on holiday. But i hoped you liked this chapter. I know it wasn't much but i will update again tomorrow as promised. Thanks for reading and let me know what you think. Lauren.