prologue

it was almost midnight.

the sky was dark and clear and all around was silence and the soft sighs of our breathing. there were little dots of light arranged in meaningless patterns across the darkness.

i was sitting in my garden swing with him, a blanket wrapped snuggly around us, as a light breeze brushed through the air. my parents were away; it was just the two of us.

i looked up to the sky for what seemed like the millionth time, and again for the millionth time i was mesmerised.
"there are so many stars," i whispered.
"one for every person in the world of course ," harvey replied with a smile, staring too.
"where's my star?" i asked him.
he turned his head and looked deep into my eyes with his soft hazel ones and i felt my heart flutter and melt at the same time.
he could do that with just a glance.
"see that one right over there? " he pointed to a star," it's the brightest and prettiest one here. my star is the one next to yours, the second brightest".

i once again looked up to the sky and saw two stars. one was brighter than the other but both glowed luminously in the night like little torches.

*beep* *beep*

"what was that? " i asked harvey.
"my phone. it's 11:11, make a wish annie".
i closed my eyes and leaned my head against his shoulder- harvey did the same. i thought of the one thing i wanted most right now:
i wish that it could be like this forever.

-edited