16

Adrien wasn't in class after lunch. Coward. I didn't skip but I guess he was too embarrassed to come back. I don't blame him. People are saying so many rude things already.

His social medias even started blowing up with hate comments by the end of the day. People that don't even know me started messaging me. Some messages were good and others were bad, calling me an attention seeker.

"What are we going to do about this?" Alya asks pacing around the room.

"I can make a new account where only you follow me?" I suggest but it's a little muffled since I'm laying face down on my bed.

"I'm not the only one who isn't sending you hate in the school," Alya says somehow understanding me, "but that could work."

"Make it for me?" I ask and she nods going over to my computer.

"I'm going to take down your other account first. Do you want me to save some of the photos?" Alya asks.

"No," I mumble finally moving my head, "I have all of them saved."

"Okay," she says clicking away at the computer.

Alya has been trying to distract me with anything for the last half hour but nothing's working. I can't get Adrien out of my head. I want to know if he's hurting too. I want to know why he did it. I want to know how he feels. I want to know if I'm anything to him.

"Do you think he decided to skip or do you think his dad made him?" I finally ask.

Alya stops doing what she's doing on her computer. She lets out a sigh before turning to me in my swivel chair. She must be frustrated that I won't tell her what happened.

"He texted me during math," she admits, "his dad pulled him out of school officially."

"What?" I ask sitting up, "because of me?"

"A little," she answers and my heart drops to my stomach.

"Going to school was the only that made him happy," I remind Alya, "I ruined it."

"No, he did," she tries, "he made a mistake and hurt you. It's his fault not yours. The bad attention was to much for his dad so he pulled him out."

"But he wouldn't of gotten it if I didn't yell at him in front of the school," I exclaim laying back down with a frustrated groan. "He just made me so mad when he said it wasn't a big deal. I didn't think I'd get him pulled out of school."

"What did he do?" Alya asks hesitantly.

"He lied to me," I sigh because I know I'll only be able to tell her the half truth, "and he used it to his advantage. He kissed me because he could, not because he liked me."

"Maybe you should talk to him about it," she suggests and I scoff. "I know you've already given him chances but the first time like you said was with you yelling at him and that had to be hard on him to realize that he really hurt you. Then the second time was in front of half of the student body. He hasn't told you because the times he could've were bad times, Mari. Try talking to him calmly somewhere private."

"You're right," I sigh, "but since I caused this I probably won't be let even ten feet near him."

"It can't be that bad," she assures me.