6

What I did in my free time? Anything and everything. Today I had the evening shift but due to my early waking days, I found myself waking up automatically. Of course I tried to sleep for about an hour but it didn't work. Luke usually got up to a morning jog so I figured I would join him.

"Hey Luke, can I join you,"

'I could use the company,' he said fixing his sport shoes his foot on top on a chair. 'Plus, even if I said no, you are already in a tracksuit.'

Katrina had already prepared breakfast so I didn't have anything to do in the morning. We would have ours after the new routine I was about to impose on myself. In a few minutes, we were running on a path Luke said rarely had people. I plugged in my earphones as we continued the jog. I could tell Luke was running slower to give me time to catch up to him. Yeah. Supersonic speed I guess.

"Hey, Luke,slow down,"

'No... You should speed up,'

"Come on," I whined.

'See what I did there... Speed up - slow down... Get it?' he laughed at his own joke.

"Look Luke,"

'Haha... Pun intended...' he was facing a particular direction.

Now I get it.

" You're trying to impress that girl, aren't you?"

'Me? No...'

Liar.

'Okay, yes. I just - just can't talk to her,' he said stopping in his tracks.

I looked at the girl with strawberry blonde hair. She too was jogging but on the opposite side of the track.

'Come to think of it, you owe me one,'

"When?"

I remembered that day I was running late and he helped me out. He pushed me slightly but I still ended up trying to regain balance. I started running and in a few minutes time, was jogging beside her.

"'He your boyfriend?"'

"What? No..." I scoffed.

"'I'm Celia. Celia Torres,"'

"Glad to know you,"

"'Same,"' she said turning to look at Luke. Luke turned to look behind. Was Luke actually acting shy? I should probably document this...

"So, do you jog here often?"

"'Nope. I just come to clear my mind of things,"'

"Oh,"

"'So, I went for this job interview. And this... Interviewer decides that I don't make the cut. Why? Cause I'm, according to him, overqualified for a secretarial position. I mean. Do you understand that?"'

"Um... Nope" I said honestly.

She stopped in her tracks. "'Honest. I like that,"'

We both laughed for no apparent reason. We kept on talking about this and that and we bid each other farewell an hour later, though it seemed more like seconds. I rejoined Luke who had kept signalling me any time he had a chance when Celia was not looking.

'Well, did she say anything about me?' he asked anxiously.

"Yes. The whole time," Okay. Not. She just mentioned he looked 'cute' but he didn't need to know that...

'Did Redhead really talk about me,' he doubted.

"Her name's Celia. You wouldn't like her calling you Blondie, would you?"