17b

"Doll... Why have you been ignoring me?"

I felt Zac's familiar scent before turning around to bump right into him.

“What are you doing here? It's late at night...”

"10:55 pm to be exact. Aren't you usually asleep by now?" he raised an eyebrow at me.

“You are in no position to ask me anything...” I retorted.

"Why not?"

“You were the one who's been avoiding me. Almost four days straight. So why should I...” I began ranting.

"You mad at me?"

“Me? No?” I scoffed. I knew I was being dramatic instead of just telling him I was added at him. But I couldn't help it. So, he had to find out for himself. “Why would I be. It wouldn't change anything. I'm sure you were happier with whatever you were doing...” Sarcasm.

"Doll..." I felt his arms tug at my waist making me hump him in-deliberately as he let out a low growl.

“Would you let go of me...” I sighed trying to create some distance but he wasn't letting me go. My hands reached out to his chest in a bid to create the much needed separation. I had started feeling strange pressed against him this much. My eyes tilted to the watch on his wrist.

"My watch... Interesting isn't it? You got it back for me after all,"

It was already 11:00 pm. I was getting nervous. Jack said he'd find me. Was he already here? I had sneaked out of the house and walked a safe distance from the house. Knew I got here earlier than the agreed upon time. I had to show him I wasn't afraid of him. I wasn't scared. I wasn't. Was I? I was? Am I?

"You haven't been listening to a word I have been saying? Have you now?" Zac breathed.

“Huh?” my thoughts shifted back to the present.

From the corner of my eye, I saw a shadow appear. From the way the shadow moved, I new it was Jack.

“Look.. I have to go,”

"To sleep?"

“Ummm...”
No?

"You want to head off to sleep without hearing what I have to say?"

“It's not important Zac. It can wait,” my words caught him off-guard as I freed myself from him.

"What do you mean it's not important? You don't even know what I want to say,"

'''Don't you know how the word not is used?''' Jack appeared into sight. '''It means get lost,'''

Instinctively I stepped in front of Zac so that Jack wouldn't try anything to harm him. It's not that I didn't trust in Zac's capability to defend himself. To high heaven or low hell, I knew he was more than capable of that. But, I knew Jack and his impulsive behavior. And if he deemed it fit, he wouldn't find any trouble in drawing out his gun at Zac. I didn't want that. I didn't want Zac to get involved in this mess. In any of this. I didn't want Zac to get harmed because of me. Sure I was mad at him for this supposed distance for my safety issue. But I still loved him. And I wouldn't stomach if anything were to happen to him because of my past.

"What do you mean get lost? She's my girl..." Zac growled from behind me.

'''You sure about that?'''

I saw Jack's arm reach for the back of his jeans pocket where he usually kept his gun.

“Please leave...” I spun around and found my pals resting on Zac's well sculpted chest as his muscles tensed.