9 b

He's gone.
I sighed internally as I awkwardly got out of hiding.

"Doll,"

What the actual?

"I saw you hiding there. It's about time you came out don't you think?"

Zac said appearing out of the shadows.

"I've been leaning on that wall for quite some time now," he said pointing after the direction from which he came.

"Just leave me alone,"

"You can't keep on running away from me forever..."

"I..."
Say something smart.
"I was... I was just... You know... I was..."
Smart. Really smart.

I felt his presence approach me. His fresh mint scent intoxicated me. I loved it. Wait... What...

His 6'2" muscular frame was now towering over me.

"Doll,"

"It's Lane. Julia, Lane,"

I was about to walk away when I felt his arm grip me by the waist. I mustered up enough courage to look him in the eye.

"It's either you are afraid of me, or you are afraid of falling in love with me,"

I glared at him and my mouth, on its own accord, spoke my mind.

"Fine. You want to know why I try to avoid you? First of all, I am not afraid of you neither am I afraid to fall in love. I hate you. Get that through your head. I hate how you talk. I hate how you walk. I hate your hairstyle. I hate your cologne. I hate the fact that you even exist. I hate your perfection. I - hate - you. I hate everything about you,"
I finished blurting out.

I expected Zac to back off. He didn't. He just smirked.

"Did you just confess..."

"That I hate you?" I hissed. "Yes,"

"That's not what I got from your vocal rampage,"

I furrowed my brows.

"That's all I needed to know," he smiled creating the much needed separation distance.

I dusted myself off and began a long walk home. Long, because first of all, I didn't understand myself, secondly, Zac was walking approximately three steps behind me. I wondered if I asked him to stop following me, he'd actually do so. I doubt it. In all honesty, I didn't mind, I myself knew I hated the darkness. But he was here. He. Was here. I reached the house and before I got in, I turned to look around, he wasn't there anymore.

**************************

“No, no... I'm not coming. Why would you even invite me?”

"'For starters I need company. Secondly, you are my best friend in the whole wide world,"'

“You've only known me for two weeks,”

"'True. But friendship knows no time,"' she sighed proudly. Hands on hips.
"'Please Lane. It'll be fun. I promise,"' Celia begged.

“But I don't even know how to...”

"'I'll teach you..."'

We had been debating for about an hour with Celia on whether we'd go for hiking. I was totally against the idea. I tried everything. I didn't feel like going. I was currently helping her arrange her place, which was quite - organized.