16

I felt cold water awaken all my senses as I shuddered.

“You're such a kid Luke...” I grimaced jumping out of bed eager to get out of my clothes.

'Whoa whoa... Don't go all bathing suit naked on me,' Luke piped making me conscious of my surroundings. He turned around waving his hand in the air as if giving me a go ahead to continue doing what I had started doing.

“I'll just take a shower instead,” I groaned melodramatically getting into the bathroom as I stripped sure to close the door behind me.

I heard Luke's footsteps wandering around the room. I turned on the hot water letting my body soak in its glory. At the alleged camp hike... Showering had been... Complicated. I massaged my hair with shampoo eager to clean it thoroughly. It had been some time before a question struck my mind.

“Wait... How did I get into my room?”

'I carried you in...' Luke sounded as if he had achieved some sort of medal for that. Oh, I knew why...

“You talked to Celia... Didn't you?”

'Redhead?Yes... Yes I did,' he sounded happy.

“So... What did you two talk about?” I teased as I rinsed my hair.

'Oh you know... This and that...'

“Classified?” I mocked.

'Can you patch me up with her? I'll owe you...'

“Whaaaaat...” I prolonged the word as I walked out of the bathtub. I grabbed a towel wrapping it around my body before I walked out as I formed puddles on the floor.

'Finally...' Luke huffed.

“What...”

'I cooked you breakfast... And you do have to eat it...'

I laughed as he pouted.

“Can I change into my clothes then?” I sighed towel drying my hair.

'I'll give you five... And don't try sneak out the window like you tried to do the first time we met,'

“Of course not... It's food... Not some killer mission,” I joked as he walked out. I changed into a polka dotted blouse and black jeans as I stood by the mirror trying to smoothen the entangled parts of my hair.

'Look Julia,' Luke barged in. 'I really need you to speak highly of me if ever Celia asks,' Luke grabbed a blow-dry urging me to sit by the chair.

“I can blow dry my hair on my own you know,”

'Come on... I'll owe you?' Luke pleaded as he helped straighten my hair.

“I don't have to say anything nice about you Luke. I think she likes you already...”

'You think,' he sounded a little too happy yanking my hair in the process.

“Ow...” I grimaced grabbing the blow drier from him. “You ruffian...” I glared playfully.

'At least I tried...' he smirked as I finished straightening my jet black hair on my own. 'And you... Look wonderful today... How come I've never seen your face glow like this before?' he said spinning my chair around and leaning his arms against the armrest.

“Glow? What glow?” I tried sounding as oblivious as possible.

'Whatever Julia... Come down for breakfast... I promised father you'd come for work... He even added you some extra time to sleep,'

“My saviour...” I mocked as we walked downstairs. Luke finished his meal before me and began filling me in on everything he thought I should catch up on. “Don't you have a law firm to go to?”