7b

Chapter song : Heart attack - Sam Tsui and Chrissy Costanza cover

"Wait up,"

Zac called after me. I knew it wasn't his fault. It was mine. But it just happened, and now, my so called anger was turning into regret. I regretted shouting at him.

"Julia, wait," he said grabbing me by the elbow  gently but I still stopped. I owed him that much. "Calm down, you can't just walk away from me. In the middle of - nowhere,"

“I can take care of myself,”

He ran his hand on my shoulder making me wince in pain.

"Blood," he lifted his fingers to my face. "When did you get this injury?"

“What?” I cocked my head to look at my left shoulder and sure enough, my black dress had been ripped slightly and blood was definitely oozing out of that scar. When did I even get that?

"I got us a place to stay for the night. All they asked for was my watch,"

“I can't accept that,”

"Well, you should, and you will. Cause I can't get it back," he added. "Come on."

After accepting his offer half heartedly, he led me back to where I had found him and the same man he had been smiling at directed us to some house. Zac insisted on taking me there first even though he had to head out again. I looked around the house, nothing out of the usual stood out. A couple of chairs, a table, drawers... I looked into the cupboards that stood out, but they were empty. To say I was hungry was an understatement. I was starving. I hadn't eaten anything since yesterday. Why? I simply wasn't in the mood for food. But now, I was. I looked at my attire. A black short sleeved dress, black heels, black earrings. I could totally interview for a grim reaper position and I'd get it. If there ever were such interviews. But something stood out. I was unconsciously staring at myself in the mirror when I noticed something I hadn't noticed in two years. The necklace.

********************************

‘Close your eyes,’

“Why... Jack, what are you planning on doing?”

‘Just trust me,’

“Okay...”

‘And, turn around, will you?’

I complied and before long, I felt his cold fingers dancing around my neck.

“It's perfect,” I said eyeing the necklace.

‘Well, I figured we could make some memories. So, as long as you still have it on, you'll always hold our memories. The good,’ he said spinning me around. ‘And the bad,’

“Okay,” I sighed. “Thanks Jack,”

He signalled to his lips and I planted a light kiss on his lips.

"Now, let's make memories," he said leading me out of my house.

******************************

"Lovely necklace," I heard Zac's voice as he placed a few things on the table.

I fiddled with the necklace thinking of whether to throw it away right here and now or wait until we'd head back.