22

“What... Taxi... I said take me to...”

Just then... The taxi stopped. Had we arrived at the destination? This was definitely a wrong destination.

"Great!" I huffed.

Now he was going to overcharge me. With the little money I had... Well... This was going to be nothing but stressful... I decided to change my tactic.

“I'm not getting off until you take me to my destination,” I said firmly crossing my arms over my chest.
“And I'll only pay the amount I should have paid before this mix-up,”

It was bad enough that I was already late to Celia's place. I didn't want her to feel like I had forgotten her, which was what it looked like of late. I expected the driver to start an argument with me but instead, he rolled up the compartment that separated us. My instincts immediately picked up and I wanted to get out of the car. What was happening? Had Jack finally decided to take his revenge on me for leaving him more than two years back? But he had said two days... These weren't two days already... Jason had given me a day off and hired a taxi for me to go to Celia's place. So this morning when I woke up, I didn't bother to look for a taxi.

"It'll only take a minute..." I heard Zac's voice.

“Zac?” I questioned as Zac stretched out his hand for me to take it. I remained still.

"Doll. Won't you follow me?"

“I won't. I don't want to,”

"You love testing my patience... Don't you?" he threatened.

There was something about his voice that made the hairs on my neck rise.
I stared into his deep rich eyes wondering what had gotten into him. Before I could collect my thoughts, I felt his hand on my wrist.

“Leave me Zac. I'm not afraid of you,” I bluffed feigning courage.

I held on to his arm in a bid to prevent him from tugging me out of the car.

"Do you honestly think I want you to be afraid of me? Wait. Is that what you think?" he paused in thought for a while. "Will you just come with me?" he growled.

“No... No... Zac stop,” I kicked as he struggled to pull me out of the car.

"Doll... Will you just come with me?" his expression turned from anger to frustration.

“No...” I breathed. He suddenly let go of me causing me to suddenly hit my head against the car window as he kicked the car tyre.

"Look, I'm sorry... I didn't mean to...You know what, fine... If you won't get out... I'll get in,"

I didn't realize how fast he came on top of me  making my breathing heavy.
I tried to glare at him but he tilted one of his eyebrows before I felt his arm travel up my thigh. His lips were on my neck few seconds after he traced wet kisses at my jawline. I tried to speak but it was to no avail. He cupped my mouth as he asked once again.

"Will you come with me?"

Why should I? He was the one who started this...

"Or we can stay cozy right here together..." his free hand roamed underneath my hoodie tugging at the edges of my blouse.

My eyes widened before nodding.

"We stay here? Or you'll come with me? Whichever meaning you think of,"

I turned my head slightly before answering... “Fine... I'll come with you,” I huffed letting my hands create some distance between us. He got off of me and out of the car. I ran my fingers through my hair as I fumbled with my purse. The taxi driver didn't seem to bother with us as he fumbled through his phone.