Chapter 9

"So what will you have to protect our kind from?" Alia asked as I sat down, after training with my powers. I kicked my legs up on the sofa and laid there, exhausted.

"Could be anything, we don't know. Vampires, humans, anything that could pose a threat to our kind." I shrugged.

"I hardly think it will be the vampires. We haven't bothered them and they haven't bothered us in so long. We called a truce. But then again, do the humans even know of our existence yet."

"They have stories and movies about werewolves but they don't know our reality. We will just have to see which attack comes."

Just then, the boys came in. Jet gave me an energy drink knowing I liked to drink them after using my powers. Rory kissed Alia on the forehead before sitting next to her. After reaching over and lifting my feet off the sofa, Jet sat down, allowing me to place my legs on his lap.

"How was the training?" Jet asked,smiling.

"It was good." I smiled back.

"Good? It was excellent. She managed the whole room." Alia piped up. Alia had been coming with me to training every morning for the last five days that Rory and her had stayed there. The one night they were supposed to stay turned into one of many,which allowed me to gain a strong bond with the female. "Yesterday she only managed to protect five people, today she protected the whole room."

"That's amazing, Kiara!" Rory said as Jet kissed my forehead.

"Yeah, it is amazing."

"Think of it this way, if you can't protect the whole pack, you can cast a protection spell over the room the women and pups will be in." Alia smiled. She could tell I was beating myself up because I wasn't yet able to protect the amount of wolves I was supposed to. I could only just protect a room, how was I supposed to protect the whole of my kind?

Hugging Alia goodbye, I watched as Rory and Jet shook hands. The next time I would be seeing the two of them was when I would be helping to protect their pack and that scared me.

"See you soon Kiki!"

"See you soon Lili!"

"You have to be kidding me." Both the boys sighed and face-palmed.

"Oh, you love us really." I smiled over at them.

Jet and I waved as the two left and then I turned to my mate. "So what are we going to do now?"

Jet grabbed my hand and lead me back inside. "We're going to have some alone time. It's been lovely having Rory and Alia here but I really have missed you."

Giggling, we entered the house before running straight into our mothers, gossiping between themselves.

"Oh call the press, stop what you are doing, the gossip queens have new gossip." I whispered, a little too loudly for werewolf hearing.

"We can hear you, young lady." My mum stared at me.

"That was the plan." I huffed, causing Jet to start laughing. He quickly started coughing to hide his laugh when his mother stared at him.

"So, what are you two up to now your guests are gone?" My mum asked.

"I was wondering what you thought of having a little pup running round this place." I smiled as my mum spat out her tea she was drinking.

"You WHAT?!" She shrieked, going pale in the face. "Kiara, you are only twenty. You have enough weight on your shoulders with being the Protector, without adding a pup into the equation. I thought you were better than that!"

Jet's mum was about to add to what my mum had said, when Jet held up his hand. "She's joking. We were going to spend some time together but not like that. We just feel like with Rory and Alia being here, we haven't had some time to ourselves."

"Yeah, I was just thinking of watching a movie." I said.

"What were you going to watch?" My mum smiled, "Fifty Shades of Grey?"

"MUM!"

Beside me, Jet chuckled to himself. I flashed him a look and he quickly stopped. "Please, Leah. We wouldn't dream of something like that."

"Oh, we've all had a movie night watching that movie." Jet's mum giggled causing her son to blush.

Jet grabbed my hand and lead me out of the room, away from our mothers. Instead of going into the living room, we went upstairs into Jet's private room.

"Oh, so you secretly did want to watch Fifty Shades of Grey without being interrupted." I giggled, wiggling my eyebrows at my mate as I looked up at him from the bed.

"Shut up, Kiara. I never knew you had such a dirty mind."

"I have spent three quarters of my life with Hayden, I do pick up habits."

"I really don't want to know what you mean."

"Trust me," I giggled, "you don't."

I grabbed his arm and pulled him out to the bed, kissing him. He broke the kiss and brought me onto his chest. Laying there, I listened to the gentle drum of his heart. In silence, he twisted my hair around his little finger.

"I could stay like this forever." Jet said. I could tell from the way he spoke he was smiling.

Before I could reply a guard knocked on the door, interrupting our peaceful and private time.

"Alpha, I'm sorry to interrupt. We have just had word from Alpha Rory and Luna Alia. Their pack is under attack."

I jumped up in shock.