Chapter 16

Punching. That's all I could do. Punch the bag. Hit the heck out of Jet. Well imagine that's what I was doing. Hit. Punch. Kick. I took all my anger out on the punching bag that was hanging on the ceiling. I had already placed a protection spell around the room which allowed nobody in the room. All I could do was train.

"Oh stop imagining that the punch bag is that douche of an Alpha and let me in will you?" I heard Lily's voice come through the door. I took down the protection spell and reduced to the floor in tears. "Oh come on, Kiara. All this because he didn't tell you about that letter. I am pretty sure he would have told you, he only got the letter this morning."

"Lily, it isn't just that." I wiped the tear from my eye.

"Then what is it?"

"I-I can't say."

"Alia is on her way, I phoned her." Lily smiled changing the subject.

"Okay."

Lily stood in front of me and held her hand out in front of her. I grabbed her hand as she pulled me off the floor. Standing up, I brushed myself down.

"You know what, I've never seen anyone train like that in a dress and Dr Marten boots you know." Lily smiled and I looked down at the floor sheepishly, laughing a little.

A guard then knocked on the door. "Excuse me, Luna, sorry to bother you. Luna Alia has just arrived."

"Thank you." I nodded. Before turning to Lily, "Did she speed or something?" I laughed and then followed Lucy out of the training room to meet Alia.

As soon as I saw my friend, I rushed up and hugged her. Looking in her eyes, I could tell I wasn't the only Luna that had been crying that day.

"What's wrong?" We both asked at the same time. We laughed a little as we went into the living room. I closed and locked the door so we had some privacy.

"No offence Alia bit now we are sat down in here, I want to know what is wrong with you Kiara. You're my Luna and I want to help in any way you can." Lily said, reached out and held my hand.

"Is this about the text that Rory sent to you this morning?" Alia questioned me.

It was true. Rory had messaged me this morning before I had gone downstairs to meet Jet. Rory was the only one who knew what had happened and every year he spent the day with me. Due to me no longer being with him, he had made sure to text me.

"Kiara, we are here for you." Lily smiled.

"Is there something wrong?" Alia asked, looking a little worried.

"I suppose I can't hide it from anyone anymore but I need to build up my courage." I whispered. For the first time in a long time, I felt weak. I felt small, like a small boat on the vast ocean. I felt useless.

"I'm pregnant." Alia broke the silence. "Sorry, I had to tell someone."

Lily ran up to her and hugged her, I looked down. Lily came back and nudged me.

"Congratulations." I said, trying to sound sincere but you could hear pain in my voice.

"Honestly, Kiara. You need to tell us what is wrong." Lily pushed. I looked up and could tell that Alia was hurt by what I had just said. I had tried to sound sincere, but I couldn't.

"The other day, I lied to Jet." My voice broke a little. "I told him he would be my first. This morning was amazing and it was the first time I had ever felt like that but he wasn't my first." I looked down as a tear fell down my cheek.

"Was it Rory?" Alia whispered.

"No, no of course not. We always knew that relationship would end at sometime, that Rory would find his mate. We both wanted to and had come close but we agreed never to do it because we both wanted happiness for the other and I knew (and secretly he knew) that Rory would find happiness with keeping himself for his mate."

"So what happened?" Lily whispered.

"I had become of age and 'as a treat' Hayden had allowed me to take a break and not heal anyone. I was gullible and believed he was just being nice but then he came to me one night. He said I owed him for the favor he had given me. That was the only night I ever spent outside my room."

"THAT MONSTER!" Alia growled.

"So is today like the day he raped you or something?" Lily asked.

I shook my head, "Today's the day I lost my baby."

"You're baby? You were pregnant by him?" Alia asked.

"Yeah, Rory was the one who helped me and we even agreed to say it was his child because I didn't want to get rid of it. The baby was my child. But then I lost it. Today is the day I had the miscarriage. You are the only other people apart from Rory that knows this and you have to promise me that you won't tell Jet.".I pleaded with the girls.

"Of course." The girls smiled and hugged me. I felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.