Councils...😓

I ran after Danna and reached her on the stairs.

E: Danna!! - I shouted to her to stop.

Da: Oh !, Evie... How are you? She said nervously as she continued up the stairs.

E: Well, thank you,... What are you doing in high school? - I said bluntly.

Da: amm,... Mom is with Doug...

E: Did something happen to him? - My worries were true...

Da: amm, let's say yes,... But  he's okay, it's nothing serious.... Normally.

E: What?... I ran off without thinking again, into Doug's room.

Da: Evs, wait! - ran after me but I'm a little faster.

I opened the door forgetting the good manners I have learned,... At second I regretted. What a shame with Mom.

E: Doug!. I said just inside at they room.

Mom turned quickly and made the sign of silence. Doug was lying on his back; The room was dark so I couldn't see almost anything, barely noticing that he was breathing heavily. Was my Dougie sick or something?

Not that I knew much; On the island for a strange reason I was never sick. Mom put a cloth on my boyfriend's forehead, covered it halfway up his chest and headed toward us. Danna was behind me.

We left the room.

M.D: Hello Dear, how are you? - She said a half smile and worried face.

E: Well, thank you - half smile - what happen with Doug? - I didn't want to be rude but my worry was already desperate. All day long this is not good for my mental health.

M.D: He is fine;... He has a severe cold... Nothing to worry about.

Da: It's more than a flu, Mom... You'll see, dear sister-in-law. US; By the genetics we have, gives us a little more stronger of the normal flu... Doug worse...

M.D: Well, Yes, is true, the symptoms are a little stronger and it takes longer to recover than other people with a normal cold. But we just have to keep an eye on it and take good care of it... I'm thinking of coming to take care of him every day... or maybe ask the fairy godmother to take him to home.

E: How long will it last? - I asked, looking at both of them.

Da: Between 3 to... 4 weeks. - Danna thought pensively - The last fort he had was about 5 years ago; They threw him on a frozen lake damn im... - mom looked at her wrong - sorry but I hate to remember everything they did to my brother mom!. She folded her arms.

I assumed it was from the time he was bullying.

Nothing more to think about; Or she coming every day in a trip of 1 hour or that will take him home without seeing or knowing nothing to him for 3 or 4 weeks... In addition, that Doug was sick and with an injury in his hand was partly my guilt,...

Well... I didn't make rain in the most important night for us, (for now), and therefore slip, unconscious, that he hurt himself and that in the end he had to load me to his house...

I felt a little guilty about this situation, but I also wanted to take care of him and feel like I was taking care of someone else.

I was encouraged to make the next proposal.

E: I can take care of him... - I said looking into the eyes decidedly. Even if I hadn't the slightest idea how to take care of a severe cold.

Da: It's not for sound disrespectful to you Evs, but ... Do you know how to take care of a severe cold?