Chapter Three: Cold and White

(a/n: Gokudera and Yukiko converse in English during the time they are in the apartment and going there)

Gokudera's POV

"So let's go" this girl said. I haven't asked her name yet. I'll just ask her at home.

Wait, this GIRL is staying at my home, at my apartment and we are going to be alone. Why didn't I realize it until now?! And it looks like she doesn't know anything. Is she dense or something?

"Hey, let's go already. I'm hungry you know" she said.

Is she an idiot.

We started walking to my apartment anyways and I asked her while walking.

"Aren't you uncomfortable with staying with me? I live alone you know?" I said.

I can't believe I just said that. I mentally face palmed.

"And so? As long as I can eat, sleep, have my proper needs there, I dont care" Is she really that dense

"Nothing else"I said

"Nothing else" she replied

We reached home not long after that. And the first thing she did was...

As I suspected.....

Asked for food.

I pointed at the refrigerator and she immediately opened it and took all the sweets there. Is she serious?

"Hey, eat some proper food" I said

"No"

I sighed "What's your-"

"Yukiko" she answered before I could finish and she continued eating the sweets.

"Your full name"

"Mizukawa Yukiko. Just call me Yukiko and I'll call you by your first name. That's an order"

Why is she so bossy? I still have a lot of questions to ask her and protest about but I'm already tired so I just discussed her transfer in Namimori Middle first. It was only 6:45 pm so I took her out to buy her some clothes and a Nami Middle uniform. I spent a lot more money than expected, mainly because she kept on asking me to buy her food.

When we got home. I fixed the groceries and went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. When I finished  taking a shower she was already asleep in my bed. Maybe she traveled far. She seems exhausted.

I observed her face and she looks so innocent when she's sleeping.I guess an annoying girl like this could look cute when she's asleep and not talking but just a little though.

I just realized...

That's my bed for crying out loud. Where am I going to sleep?

"In the sofa" she mumbled in her sleep.

I take back what I said. A monkey's butt is a lot cuter than her.

"Says the idiot" she mumbled again

Why does she know what I'm thinking? I know for sure that I'm not saying it out loud. Is she a mind reader or something?

"Maybe" she mumbled again

Arghhhhhhh!

This girl really is annoying.

I went to the kitchen to fix the groceries and prepare for her transfer tomorrow. She seems important to Reborn-san so I need to keep a close eye on her.  I slept past 12 already since the sofa is really uncomfortable.

Damn that girl.

🍂🍂🍂

I woke up and went to the kitchen. I saw breakfast and a bento box on the table. I guess she has some good sides too. I didn't expect her to cook.

Her bag was still here so she might be showering or changing. That's what I thought but the shower and MY room  was completely open. I checked inside and she wasn't there.

Shit.

She ran away.

I changed right away and took her things and mine as well and went running around town.

That idiot. Reborn-san might kill me.

"Dont let anything happen to her....or else"

I definitely need to find her.

🍂🍂🍂

I went around town twice already so I decided to go to school or Judaime might get worried. I'll go look for her later.

When I reached school.....

She was already there. What the heck! I got worried for nothing. I then remembered that her transfer papers were not at the kitchen table where I left them last night.

As I thought, a fight with her so early in the morning.

I went near her and handed her things to her and stopped fighting back or else our fight would be endless.

"Here, your glasses. I know all you can see right now are blurry faces. Your eyesight is pretty bad" I said in English so she can understand me. I haven't taught her Japanese yet anyway.

She took them and wore them.

After that.... 

She suddenly collapsed. I caught her before she fell to the ground what's wrong with this girl. Is she sick? I touched her forehead to check but it was not hot. It was....

IT WAS ICE COLD.

It was like touching snow with your bare hands for five minutes.

"Gokudera-kun who's that girl? Do you know her?" Judaime asked.

"It's a long story Judaime" I said. I carried her in my back.

"What's wrong with her Gokudera?" Yamamoto asked. All I can say was...

"I don't know"

After that Reborn-san suddenly came in wearing his Professor Boreen costume.

"Sensei, please excuse these students for I while. I need to talk to them" Reborn-san said.

"As you wish Boreen-sensei"

"Let's go" Reborn-san said.

The five of us went outside the classroom and went to the infirmary. I put Yukiko down in one of the beds inside the clinic.

Reborn's POV

"Reborn, what's wrong with her?" Tsuna asked.

"She's fine" I said. Just as I thought she would be ice cold right now. I forgot to tell Gokudera that she can't leave the house the next day because this usually happens when she comes back.

"But kid, she's ice cold right now" Yamamoto said

"Yeah, what exactly is wrong with her Reborn-san?" Gokudera said.

"This is normal" I started "I should have told you that she can't leave the house the next day because this usually happens when she just came back or when her glasses aren't worn for a long time. One hour without her glasses and she will pass out"

"Mizukawa did come to school without glasses" Yamamoto said.

"So, what are we going to do Reborn" Tsuna said.

"She'll wake up later after some time, probably during the last period of your class" I said "The three of you should go back to class. Come back after lessons are over"

They just nodded and left. I can only watch over her for 45 minutes. I'll leave then. Shamal already knows her so it won't be a problem when she comes back.

I looked at a part of her hair and just as I thought,

It turned white.

Not all of her hair turned white only a certain part. It will return to its usual color later like last time.