Aftertaste

Chapter XXIV

'I don't know why but with you I'm willing..' 

She's now inside Hunter's car, on the way to their dinner reservation..

Her head still feels like spinning after that first kiss, she even thought some things felt different, like sitting inside Hunter's car, she's on the same seat as she was yesterday but the feeling's different now. Sitting beside him and hearing his every heartbeat, she's feeling special.. like she's.. PRIVILEGED.. 

She glanced at him and he caught her. Hunter's smile grew wider. 

'Even the feeling when he smiles at me felt different now..' 

"What is it?" 

She looked at him and saw his profile..

'I'm captivated by you baby like a firework show..'

Taylor Swift is now singing at the back of her head.

Hunter pulled over

Saka lang natauhan si Sky nang huminto na yung kotse.

"Babe I can't drive with you staring at me like that" Natatawang sagot ni Hunter sa nagtatanong niyang mukha

'Kill me. Kill me Now!'

 "What's bothering you? C'mon tell me."

"Ah- I was just thinking.."

"About what?"

"About this, us." Sky laughed nervously "Don't mind me. This is embarassing. Haha."

Hunter reached for her hand and hold it tight.

"Don't be too uptight, it's just me. Are you nervous about tonight 'cause it's our first date?"

Sky just nodded like a kid.

Hunter smiled and Sky melted.

"Don't be. We'll have a great night okay?"

The warmth from his hands brought her to ease. She breathed in and out and nodded.

"Better." Hunter said as he let her hand go and started to drive again.

 After 4 left turns, they reached the town proper.

"Wait." Hunter stopped her from getting out of the car.

"Let me" He said with a charming smile as he opens the door for her and offered his hand

She can't hide her smile, she's not used to this so she just accepted his hand.

"Relax. You look good tonight." Hunter added as he locked the car and rest her hand on his arm.

"Thanks. You look good yourself." 

They walk their way to the resto, at first it looks like a typical diner but he led her to the stairs and as they ascend she slowly saw the beauty of the place. 

It's an indoor mini garden grove.

Sky smiled as she quickly scan the place.

"Nice place.. Strange I never knew this place existed"

"Well I asked around and luckily I found it, actually the owner said it's only for family use but he lemme rent it for the night."

"Such convincing powers you have there."

"Haha let's just say he saw right through me and figured how I felt for you" He said as pulled a chair for her

"Thank you for bringing me here.." Sky said as her smile reaches her eyes.. and his heart