Chapter 3: Dark World

I remember something, I remember being ripped away from my home. The place I once knew and belonged too. But, that's all gone now. I remember that I went through a black portal that destroyed my world. I remember reaching out for my friends, trying to save them. But one by one we were all lost. I felt like I was left alone for a long time, lost. I didn't remember much from before, like what type of life I had. All I knew is that I needed my friends. And yet, somewhere along the way there was a light, and I was no longer lonely, then I went in.

Hato heard the noise of water running, splashing down around her.

I opened my eyes to see the bright sun shining down on me, I held my hand up to cover the light. Once my eyes started to focus I could see that I was lying down by a water fountain. I sat up and looked around at my surroundings. I saw that I was in a town that I have never seen before, with buildings and shops. it looked quite nice actually, but, there was no one around. There was a small eerie feeling.

Where am I?

It looked like I was in the center of the town, it was in the afternoon. I was alone, but I knew deep down that I needed to find my lost friends. That's all I knew. I needed to look for them.

I got up from the fountain and walked around. There wasn't much, the shops were empty and closed. And no one was to be seen. There were different paths out of the fountain square, I couldn't decide which way to go, or if I should even leave.

Should I wait for someone else to arrive and possibly find me?

I sat back down by the fountain, left alone again without any answers. I had more questions now than when I woke up. Clueless on what to do. I waited there for awhile to see if anyone else would show up. But pretty soon, I lost hope. Because it was useless just waiting around feeling lost.

So I got up to choose one of the paths. I looked between all of them. But I still couldn't decide, one could lead me to them, and the other could leave me astray even farther. Then suddenly someone ran by, it was a young woman with dark blue hair. She looked scared. Desperately looking for something, she ran into a nearby ally. I stood there and watched her for a moment.

Would she know where my friends are?

She looked at me, stopping by the wall. She waited a little bit then turned and ran away.

I chased after her. I went into the ally she ran down, but the only thing there, was a dark portal.

Another portal. Do I dare go through again. To be lost in nothing? Yet, she might have answers that I need. She could lead me to my friends. I must go on.

I ran forwards and stepped in. Everything was dark and silent as I walked through. Then I found myself somewhere else. The portal closed behind me. I looked around at the new location.

I recognize this place. I was in my old school... But it was destroyed.

I felt a pain in my heart, seeing this place again. Compared to how it used to be, now in ruins.

The place where my friends and I went to school together, all those great memories. Now gone with this. Whatever is left of this place.

I looked around for the young woman, she wasn't anywhere to be seen. I walked forwards and inspected the destroyed lunchroom. But all of a sudden these black monsters appeared out of dark portals. They looked like a shadow, and came up out of the ground.

I knew this was a bad idea.

The monsters twitched and stared at me with their lost glowing yellow eyes. I started to back away. Trying to move slowly and not draw their attention. Then they launched at me before I understood what was happening and started to attack me. I tried to fight back but they jumped on me and pinned me to the ground and started to scratch me with their claws. There were so many to even move or see what was going on.