Chapter 12: Forgotten Question

Hoshi drifted off into space.

I didn't know if I would ever wake up, where I was, how long I've been sleeping for. My eyes have been closed for a very long time. No thoughts were in my mind. But then one day I suddenly woke up. Something must have caused this, but I didn't know why.

Was I waiting for something to happen? A certain time?

I slowly opened my eyes, I was still in space. There were stars around me. I looked to see if I was near anything, but there was nothing. I must have drifted off pretty far from that other world, now enveloped by darkness. But then I saw something far off, it was a world. It was different from the one before, there was light coming from it. There must be people down there.

I need answers, I need to look for my friends. I remembered everything that had happened before, the town, the school, now even some memories of my home world. The time that I had spent with my friends at the beach, watching the stars rise at night. But I still need to know what's going on. What happened to Terra, and that town? I hope he's okay.

I looked back over to the planet. I didn't know exactly how I was going to get there.

Would I even find anything? I wonder where my friends are now. Were they looking for me? Are they still, alive?...

I put my hand up to my heart, where my necklace was. I looked out to the faraway stars.

I just wish I could find them, my friends.

All of a sudden everything started to glow around me, I felt myself being pushed forwards, towards the dark cloudy planet.

I started going faster, watching the other stars fly by. I was soaring across the night in a stream of light. Going straight towards the dark world on the edge of the star system. Then I started to enter the atmosphere. I took a deep breath, breathing in the fresh night air to fill my lungs.

I'm glad Terra gave me that bracelet to stay safe out there.

The wind whipped my hair around. There was a thick layer of storm clouds. Energy filled the air with static electricity. I could see lights shinning through the clouds.

I wonder what I will find in this world?

The wind started to pick up as I got closer. I soared down faster, then it started to rain. I could see lightning off in the distance, with loud thunderous booms echoing around me. I started to slow down as I got closer to the ground. Then I saw dark shapes cutting through the clouds. I swerved out of the way of a giant sky scraper that flew past me. I almost collided with it.

This must be some type of city.

I followed the buildings down until I saw what should have been the ground, but there was nothing down there. I continued going further until I saw a giant floating fortress over an abyss.

This must be what I'm here for, what brought me to this planet. I have to find answers here.

I flew even faster towards the fortress. I reached out my hand and summoned my Keyblade in a flash of light. I brought it closer in front of me and readied myself for impact. I came crashing through a glass window and landed on the stone floor. I slowly crawled up, brushing off my clothes.

Not a very graceful landing, or a silent one. At least I wasn't hurt, luckily.

It was the only way into the fortress.

I guess I shouldn't be breaking into mysterious buildings like this.

I ran up to a wall, peaking around the corner. No one was nearby. It was bland inside, nothing but plain empty white floors and walls. I continued walking throughout the building trying to look for anything. I was starting to wonder what type of building I was in, because any door I came to was locked.