Chapter 31: Reunited Truth

Axel and Hato traveled through a portal. The light rippled around us as they walked. It would take awhile to get to the end.

It wasn't a quick teleport like some thought.

There was a lot of empty space between us and our destination.

But, what will lie on the other side? Only time will tell when We reach it.

I looked down at Hato as we walked quietly.

We can't walk in awkward silence this whole time.

Questions went through my mind.

I faked a smile. "Hey, ya know I used to travel like this all the time... But, don't need to anymore. I haven't in a long time, since I dropped the whole dark Organization role. It's kinda weird going through this place again." I chuckled. 

Hato looked up at me. "Because, you're a wielder of light now. I couldn't imagine you working with them, that would be so strange. But, you're still wearing that dark cloak, when will you ever get out of that thing?"

She pointed accusingly with a stern look. But then she smiled, letting me know she was just messing around. 

I grinned. "I will, eventually, you'll just have to wait."

Hato raised her hands in protest. "But everyone else has new clothing, why not you?!" 

I laughed, then pointed my finger at her. "Be patient." 

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Alright fine, I'll wait." She put her hands on her hips, then smiled.

I put my hand down, but then my face became serious. The good mood was gone from the silly conversation, now the walk was back to silence. She looked up at me, she looked concerned. 

"Roxas has been waiting for a long time, for someone to come and find him. It must be so hard for him, being alone in this place." I spoke.

"Roxas, he's your friend... How did you first meet him? Was he a part of the Organization, like you?" Hato asked concerned. 

I looked up, remembering my past. A slight smile came to my face. 

"When I first saw him, when he joined us, I saw how small he was compared to the other members. Still, just a kid. Who could he have been from his past life? But, I had no idea that he never had one, that he was from somebody else. That he never existed, by himself... He was so quiet and vacant at first. Must have been hard for him, becoming a Nobody, understanding that we didn't have hearts, didn't have emotions." I scratched my neck. 

She stared in disbelief. 

"But, I took him under my wing, and after awhile he opened up. He actually had emotions and a personality. He was no longer dead inside, and neither was I... I cared for him, and he became my friend. And, it felt like we actually grew hearts. We weren't just Nobodies anymore, we could be people... But, that wasn't what others had planned with his life. I had to watch him desert me, forget every memory he created, the friends he had. He was conflicted inside, about who he really was, if he was ever real... He had to give up his short life, for Sora to wake up. They couldn't exist at the same time. So, he had to be placed in a fake world, to be stuck there until someone remembers." I explained. 

Then I let out a hurt sigh.

"I'm sorry Axel... You had to lose so much. It must be a painful memory to remember." Hato expressed. 

 "No, it's okay. I want to remember it all, so I feel how much it hurt me." Then I wiped my eye. I looked at the single tear on my finger.

"Look at me now, crying again." The tear fell from my hand.