Chapter 24

"YOU !!!! You cheating, lying whore !!! you are the reason, my son is in the hospital." Helen screamed charging towards me

I immediately, felt large arms go around me and pushing me behind, away from Helen. "Mrs. William, please control yourself and your language." Jimmy said, still holding me behind his back.

"Or what ? My son wouldn't be in this state if your cousin wasn't spreading her legs for every man" she sneered.

I gasped at the way she was talking.

"Ma'am, please control your voice, we will have to ask you to leave if you raise your voice again" A nurse intervened.  A crowd had gathered around, us, and Edward was pulling Helen back and trying to calm her.

The nurses were trying to disperse the people stalling and waiting to see the drama unfold. I slowly, walked to the nurses station and was enquiring about Gale's condition, when Edward, walked up to me and Said" It would be better if you left, we don't want to create a scene, you have already done enough." He said angrily.

I looked at him, not trying to cower, from his angry glare "No I am his wife, and I am going to stay here. I need to know, What happened, and how is he doing. Deal with it or you can leave."

He clenched his teeth, his face turning red, and so angry, before he could say anything,

"Gale William family?" The doctor asked walking into the waiting area. I moved away from Edward and walked up to the doctor.

"How is he doctor? What happened?" I inquired walking towards him.

Helen, physically pushed me out of the way and glared at me. "You cant see him  nor know how he is doing? Doctor, please ask her to leave, She cant be here" she said looking at the doctor.

"I am his wife, I need to know how, he is doing?" I spoke to the doc, ignoring Helen.

The Doctor sighed "He is fine, he just has a small bump to his head and a concussion. I think because, of the rain last night and slippery roads, he lost control of the car and hit the tree. No major damage, you can take him home in a couple hours." He said looking at me.

I relaxed a little, hearing he was better, and nothing major happened. "Thank you doctor, any medications, he needs?" I asked

"Nothing, we did the necessary tests to check if the there is any swelling in his brain, but everything came back as negative. Just see that he doesn't fall asleep, and keep him hydrated."

"Is he awake, Can I see him now?" I asked

"NO NO you cant" Helen tried to barge in between the doctor and I.

"Yes you may, but not for more than 5 min. He needs to rest" He said.

"Thank you doctor" I said Nodding.

"No worries, I will have his discharge papers ready to go." He said walking way to the nurses station.

Helen tried to stop me, from moving, but the look I gave her, must have scared her a little, she moved away from my way and I entered Gale's room.

He was awake, he had a bump on the left side of his head, and he looked beaten and weak. He eyes flared when he looked up at me, and he turned angry in a matter of seconds.

"What are you doing here. I don't want to see you or talk to you. Haven't you done enough?" He shouted and pressed the ringer for the nurse.