Chapter 35

Brett Di Camillio

There was only one thought going through my mind the whole time I showered and got ready for the day. Cris has been divorced for three years now, and the reason for her divorce was also Thomas, so why didn't he approach her romantically, during this time? Why now. Why was he suddenly being so interested in her?

Was it because Cris was not seeing him that way? Is he trying to prove to her that he is a better choice than me? All these stupid thoughts were going around in my head.

I walked into the conference room to see only Donald there. He gave me a sad look, I didn't want to talk to him about last night. I wanted no more conversations about it. " I guess the day is going to start late today. They are all hungover" He said

I shook my head, I knew this would be the result of last night drinking. I sighed and ran my hands through my hair. Nothing was going well today. I was at least glad Donald didn't ask me about last night.

"Donald I have to be back at the head office. I know you are capable of handling everything here. Just call and let me know, when everything is done, I will fly back again to sign and finish the deal. " I said. I didn't want to wait here any longer. I should have done this long time ago, but I knew, my team would have been partying every night like yesterday and would have prolonged the deal for 2 weeks instead of one.

Donald nodded and smiled sadly. "Sure. I will call you if there is anything."

I was rich and well established, but not so much as to have a private jet. I was still traveling commercial and they only had a red eye for me to get back. I hated waiting.

Cris tried calling me again in the afternoon, she sent a couple of messages when I didn't respond, she left it at that. She was a very mature person for her age, not the nagging and clingy type. I guess she realized I needed some time for myself.

I didn't let her know that I was coming back a couple days early, I was still upset and disappointed with the whole situation. So the next day when I reached the city, I asked Johnson to drive me to the office, even though I was desperate to get home. I hadn't spoken to her in almost 24 hours and my anger and agitation were nowhere reduced.

This thing I was feeling, possessiveness and demanding has to be something that I should work on. I love her so much, and I know she does too, I can feel it every minute that she spends with me. I am better than Gale, and I can't let my weakness, destroy this relation. With that thought in my mind, I entered the office, much calmer and satisfied.

My secretary met me in the lobby, and rode up to my floor with me, discussing all my appointments and meetings I had for the day. She said that I had an appointment, with a journalist this afternoon before lunch who I never heard of before. I pushed that to the back of my mind and dove into my work.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched my stiff body, from the work I was so engrossed in. I looked at the clock to see I had 15 more minutes before the interview. I was feeling better after I had come to a conclusion, that it was me who had to change and accept things in the relationship rather than Cris. I was ready to talk to her and apologize for my behavior. I could probably take her out for dinner tonite. With that in mind, I called her.

The phone rang and went to voicemail. I left a message, to call me back. The feeling of desperation started to grow again. I was not liking it. I called again, and when I got the same answer, I threw my phone onto the sofa in frustration. Was she avoiding me? Was she still mad and me and didn't want to talk? Or was she enjoying Thomas company so much that she didn't want to pick my call? With these thoughts in my head, I turned around and face the large window, looking down into the busy streets, with my back to the door. My phone buzzed and I hurriedly picked it to see that it was a message again from the same unknown number.