Bonus Chapter!

A/N: You guys thought I was gone, didn't you? Well I did too. I guess I wasn't entirely ready to let this one end. So I wrote one final chapter. I hope you like it, and if you don't pretend it didn't happen and that the Epilogue was actually the end. 

~

"I haven't done one of these in ages, have I?" The chat was going insane, YouNow hasn't been popular for years, but Phil couldn't help but come back here, for this show. He had wanted to have another live show, although it had been ages since he had done one. He and Dan stopped doing regular live shows when they went on tour, and when they got back, had never restarted. "Wow, my eyes don't move fast enough to read the chat anymore." His eyes flash quickly bouncing from chat to chat, not able to read any one statement. "Maybe I could get Dan to come help me."

Dan, who had been sitting next to Phil on the lounge sofa, slid into frame. "Hello internet." The chat broke. It froze completely, and then all the comments loaded at once, flashing so quickly there was no hope. "It's been a while since we did anything live, hasn't it? A good two years?"

"I think so." Phil was trying to remember the last live broadcast they did, and couldn't come up with an example. "Sadie in the chat asks, 'Why the sudden live show?'" 

"Well Sadie, we missed you guys. We still post on our channels, but we haven't really interacted in a while, and we want to get back into that." So much love filled the chat. 

Their fans. The Phandom. Still alive and well, even though Dan and Phil's content has stayed sporadic, and even gotten worse, now that they have a toddler to care for. They missed their fans, and it was obvious their fans missed them.

Phil looked to Dan, searching for the silent confirmation to continue. The real reason they decided to do this live show. Dan gave a small nod. It was time. "We wanted to explain."

"And give a formal apology, for nearly disappearing." Dan's voice soft for once. 

Phil gripped Dan's hand out of view of the camera. The gold bands sitting comfortably on their fingers. "We are so sorry for being so distant lately. Because we owe everything to you."

"Without you guys, we wouldn't have met." Dan could feel the tears welling in his eyes, and they hadn't even gotten to the hard part yet. "I was depressed, for the majority of my life. I was sad and alone, and felt like I had no one. I won't get into the specifics, but Phil helped me."

"And Dan helped me. I once said that there was no point to a life of fame if all you did was sit at home and watch anime alone." Dan's chuckle filled the room at Phil's words. "Turns out, all I needed was someone to watch anime with me." He smiled at Dan. In front of them all, without restraint. 

"Phil saved my life, and helped me make things right with my family." Dan's thumb brushed over Phil's hand. They were ignoring the chat, knowing that what was happening in this moment was causing a complete uproar, and they needed this moment.

Phil brushed a single tear from his eye, using his free hand to do so. "And Dan gave me a family of my own." 

"I'm sure you all have a load of questions, so we will answer a few premium messages right now, since there is no way in hell I can read the chat." Dan used the trackpad to select a message from Angelina. "Angelina would like to know why we are so sentimental. Phil, do you wanna take this one?" Dan motioned over his shoulder to the other room, Phil knew exactly what Dan was getting at, he nodded.

As Dan left the shot, Phil began, "Well, Angelina. We are feeling a bit sentimental, because our baby girl is turning two years old today." He knew what the chat was going to consist of, so he didn't even look. "Guys, Dan and I want to introduce you to Emily." 

Dan reentered the stream, a beautiful toddler in his arms. She had Phil's old lion gripped in her tiny hand, one fist rubbing her sleep filled blue eyes. Her head of brown curls rested on the shoulder of her dad. "Emily, say hi to your Papa's subscribers." Dan took a gentle hold on Emily's arm, and waved her hand. 

"She just woke up from a nap, so she is still a bit sleepy guys." Dan's eyes scanned the chat and he had to chuckle. Even after all this time, people still didn't know he and Phil were together. "We will do a official Get to Know Emily video soon, but we wanted you guys to see her here first."

"Our lives have never been private, but she is our best kept secret. We are letting you guys into her life, please don't make us regret it." Phil's protective Papa voice was beginning to show. 

Dan idly played with Emily while Phil signed off of the stream, saying goodbye to their fans. Promising to be back next week, for another live show. Phil closed his laptop and leaned back, taking his husband and daughter into his arms. He placed a kiss to the top of Emily's head, and rested his cheek on Dan's neck. 

"I hope that wasn't a mistake." Dan's voice was full of concern. Concern for their daughter, and this wonderful life they have been working toward. 

Phil ran a reassuring hand up Dan's arm. "We talked about this. We missed our fans. We missed making content. We wanted that back."

"I know, but bringing Emily into it?"

"If we didn't we would have to go back to hiding. We wouldn't be able to do anything live, incase she started crying or needed us. We didn't want her to miss a big part of our lives." Dan's sigh was enough to relieve some of the pressure off Phil's chest. They made the right call.

"I guess we will have to see how it plays out." 

"Yes we will." Phil placed a kiss to Dan's cheek. "I love you."

"I know." And they laughed.

~

New video from AmazingPhil: Phil is not on fire 8 (Now featuring EMILY)

Dan didn't know how it had happened, but he had it all. A loving husband. A beautiful daughter. His subscribers. He was making content more frequently now then he ever had before, possibly because he didn't have anything to hide.

Dan was happy. He wouldn't want his life any other way, but there was something in him that wondered. He wondered what would have happened if he and Phil met at a different time. Or if they hadn't met at all. No. They would have met, there isn't a single doubt in his mind they would have met, but what if it was some other circumstance?

He would like to think he and Phil would still be happy. No matter how they had done anything else in their live. He knew, as long as Dan and Phil had each other, they were unstoppable. 

The End

~

Lots of love,

Amber 🖤