2

Noise filled the air. Useless chattering everywhere and Lauren is two seconds from blowing up. She was trying hard not to hear anyone and she's failing, miserably. Days like these are hard. She can't seem to focus on one thing, thus letting all the voices flood her head, making her mind swerve.

Stop. Stop. Stop.

She tried to keep her pace and walked through the sea of people trying to go to the cafeteria. It's lunch but she's not in the mood to eat. In fact, she felt like throwing up.

"Hey guys." She said, weakly.

"Why do you look like hell?" Dinah asked.

"I feel like hell too." Lauren grumbled.

"Do you want something to eat?" Normani asked, voice filled with concern.

"No, I-uh, I just really need a nap." She answered as she covered her ears and slumped her face on the table.

"I think I should break up with-"
"That girl's got some nice ass"
"Where should I bring-"
"Oh my god is that-"
"just got my new sweaters and-"
"holding us like what the-"

Stop. Stop. Stop.

And it did.

The thoughts were gone and suddenly it's quiet in her head. She's too focused and surprised that she's not hearing thoughts to realize that a small had was placed on her shoulders. She was yanked from her own thoughts when the small hand started shaking her lightly.

"Lauren. Hey. Lauren!" The voice said, and Lauren was surprised it's not just in her head.

"Are you okay?" Camila asked, voice laid with concern.

Lauren's head snapped up and she was met by chocolate orbs hypnotizing her. She jumped realizing Camila's hand is still placed by her shoulder.

Camila removed her hand at Lauren's reaction, shrugging and sat beside her. Her face silently asking for permission. Lauren nodded.

The voices came back again. But it's not that loud. Lauren seemed to find her focus  as she was able to tune out thoughts that aren't hers once again.

"Hey, sorry, I'm kinda not feeling well." Lauren found her voice and spoke to Camila.

"Lauren, I hope you don't mind. I asked Chancho to sit with us. She got AP Math with me." Dinah said.

"Issokay" Lauren said lazily as she stood up to get food. Suddenly realizing she's hungry.

"I'm going to buy food. Anyone like anything?"

Lauren got a "we're good" and "thanks" from her friends, while Camila stood up and walked alongside her.

"I'm going with you, is that okay?" Camila asked.

"Yeah, sure. Come."

They walked silently and waited on the line. Camila's thoughts are too loud to be ignored and frankly, Lauren finds it cute that the other girl is slightly worried about her.

'I hope she's okay. She's kinda off during the last period.' Lauren smiled down.

They walked back to the table with their lunch and ate in silence, Lauren trying so hard to block the obnoxious thoughts of the guys from the next table. She sighed.

Camila, picking up Lauren's mood, reached for her hand under the table.

And the noises stopped. It's quiet in her head. Lauren looked at Camila, but is asking herself silently why the voices stopped all of a sudden.

Camila thought Lauren did not like her holding her hand and abruptly let go. Lauren winced in pain as the noises flooded back to her head, stampeding.

What the fuck.

Lauren placed both her hands to her ears as if it will block all the noise hammering her head. She looked so much in pain that Camila's first reaction was to put her hand at Lauren's back, as if to comfort her.

What the fuck. What just happened?

Lauren's head snapped at Camila, startling the girl. She was about to remove her hand but Lauren cut her off.

"Don't. Don't remove your hand." And Lauren sounded desperate as she looked.

Camila just nodded and proceeded in rubbing Lauren's back slowly, drawing lines and shapes which calmed Lauren.

Her friends, watching the interaction looked surprised.

'What the hell did just happened?' Dinah thought.

But Lauren didn't hear that. In fact, Lauren cannot hear anything except the noises coming through her ears and her own thoughts racing.

Deciding to test her theory, she reached out for Camila's hand and slowly placed it on the table.

Three pair of eyes looking at her, watching her intently. Curious as to what Lauren is doing.

Lauren gulped and slowly removed her hand, away from Camila's.

Within two seconds, she winced in pain, as the outside thoughts occupied her head more than her own. It's driving her to madness. Her breathing is labored and she's sweating.  She wanted to grab Camila's hand to make everything stop but she can't. Everything is too much.

Her friends looked at her worriedly. Camila looked at Dinah and Normani, as if silently asking them what to do. Dinah motioned for her to grab Lauren's hand. She did. And Lauren seemed to calm down.

Lauren clutched to her hand as if it's the only way of survival. Lauren's head is a mess.

And she just found her cure. 

---

#Hello! I didn't proofread again I'm sorry I just wanna get the thoughts out. Please let me know if I should stop. 

-A