Epilogue II

Gywn sat alone at their backyard swing. It's her tenth birthday and she's supposed to be happy now. But she isn't. There's so much thoughts going on inside her young mind that makes her want to cry. But she doesn't.

"What are you doing here? The party's inside." Karlos said as he lightly pushed the swing.

"You know I don't like parties. I don't like how other kids think. They're mean." She mumbled. 

"Oh. You're still hearing them?" He asked.

"I do. And you're the only one who's nice to me even in your thoughts." 

"Of course I'll always be nice to you. I told you I'm gonna be your super hero right?" He joked.

"You're already my superhero." Gywn smiled.

Al and Lauren watched them from the inside of the house. The party is going on just fine but then they noticed that the birthday girl is missing. 

"Do you think she'll be fine?" Al asked.

"Of course. She grew up to be such a fine girl. She'll be okay." Lauren replied.

"There are still nightmares, you know. She'd wake up in the middle of the night crying." Al admitted worriedly.

"I'm so happy Karlos grew up to be normal." He continued. 

"There's nothing wrong about Gywn. You should know that. You grew up knowing that." Lauren reminded.

"And besides, even if Karlos didn't get it, I think Mikaela did. Camila thinks she's like us." Lauren added. 

"Mikaela is just five. It's too early to say." Al said.

"Mikaela's showing the signs. She'd often answer her mommy's thoughts. Camila isn't worried though. She said Mikaela can handle it." Lauren replied. 

"I still remember Camila's face when we told her." Al chuckled.

"I know. And she even thought I'm cheating on her. With you." Lauren laughed in disbelief. 

"It's because you got secrets that you didn't wanna share." Camila appeared, hugging Lauren from behind.

"It's not that we didn't want to share. Lauren here is just afraid you'll leave her." Al said. 

"She knows I won't. And if I did, then we won't have such a handsome Karlos and a very beautiful Mikaela." Camila said then kissed Lauren's cheeks.

Camila noticed her son at the backyard, pushing Gywn from the swing. 

"What's going on with that two? Why aren't they playing with the kids?"

"Gywn's upset. She didn't like parties and apparently there are some mean kids she doesn't like." Al explained. 

"Well she's handling it well. Lauren would cry in the corner and we're just five in the room." Camila laughed.

"I was drunk! My senses were hyperactive!" Lauren defended. 

-

"Karl, why are there mean kids?" Gywn asked.

"Well because they're jealous. They see something you have that they want. Don't think about them. 

"They shouldn't be mean though. They don't know what's going on with other people's life. It won't hurt to be nice." 

Al watched her daughter. 'She's too precious for this world.'

-

Mikaela is running around the house with her party hat. She had been looking for her brother but she can't find him. She tried to listen intently, tuning out every other person in the room. It was distinct, but she heard him. She's with Gywn.

She run outside clutching her princess dress. Karlos noticed her and waved for her to come. Mikaela noticed how sad Gywn was. 

'Why are you sad?' 

'Mean kids.'

'Am I mean?'

"No Mika you're not. Come here." Gywn motioned for the little girl to sit in her lap. 

"Push it Karlos." Mikaela yelled.

Her older brother just chuckled. They're just kids, but they're content in their own little world. 

-

"Camz?" Lauren called from the kitchen.

"Yes baby?" Camila came out with a tray of Graham Cake. She placed it on the table and walked towards Lauren.

"Do you think we should throw Mikaela a party?" She asked.

"You can go and ask her. That girl loves gifts." Camila smiled, circling her arms around her wife.

"She does. But do you think she won't like a lot of people she doesn't really know wal-"

"Laur. Mika is handling everything well right now. I think you should stop worrying about her." Camila said.

"It's just that I don't want her to grow up like me. It was hard, I'm telling you."

"She has us. She has Karlos. She'll be fine."

"I hope she finds someone like you to me. Someone to keep the thoughts away." Lauren cooed at Camila's neck.

"I hope so. Well, we'll stick around long enough to find out, right?"

"Of course."

---

*Pasting the AN from Epilogue here because some don't push through reading the Epilogue II because they thought it ended already. LOL.

There are so much ideas left enough for a book two but I don't think I'm writing that. I don't like angst in my stories, because writing is my escapism and I'm trying to escape real life angst. I'm sorry if I disappointed anyone but I really wanted the way it ended. Shout out to everyone who kept me going, you guys are the best. My mind is racing for my other fic called "Kill". Please check it out and let me hear your thoughts! (Pun not intended)

 And again, if you didn't like the story, just remove it from your library or reading lists or anything. If you like a different way to end it, I'm sorry. Let us all be nice to each other. LOVE ONLY.  

Thank you guys!

-A