Chapter Three

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-

I slammed my hand down on my annoying alarm clock, and was about to roll over again to go back to sleep. That was the plan anyway. "Good morning!" The Squip vocalised cheerfully, as he pulled my blanket off me. Falling onto the floor, I glared at The Squip. "What ungodly hour do you call this?" I hissed at him. "6 o'clock! The most godly hour of the day!" The Squip beamed, looking down at me with a large adorable smile. I grimaced. Why did he have to act so... so... charming?! "Aww, you're pretty cute too!" The Squip cooed, offering me a hand up. I slapped it away. "Shut up and help me get ready!" I snapped at him. "Of course," he smirked, and handed me the new Snapchat shirt and a pair of skinny jeans, before leaving me to change.

"Here," The Squip handed me a drink. "Fruit smoothie. Apple, raspberry and mango. Your three favourite fruits combined into a healthy sustainable drink to last you throughout the day." I muttered a small thanks. "And no, I couldn't have given you coffee because you wouldn't have had enough nutrients to last you throughout the day and caffeine doesn't do the body any good." The Squip read my mind. I sighed slightly and I finished my smoothie in silence. "Come on, let's get to school on time," jested The Squip. Grabbing my phone and headphones, I went to play the soundtrack of Hamilton, but I was stopped as I was shocked. "Ow! Why did you do that?" I scoffed. "What did we say about musicals?" He glanced at me. "I was going to listen to the news... And technically nothing, you didn't mention anything about them!" I argued. "I'm inside your brain, (Y/N), you can't lie to me. If you want to become popular and well liked amongst your peers, you're going to have to fit in with them (Y/N), meaning you shouldn't talk about musicals or anime." The Squip replied. "Every time you think about a musical or an anime, you'll do a lap around the block. If this morning is any example to go by, you'll be much fitter in no time." I rolled my eyes. "OK, Squippy." He stared at me. "P-pardon?" He stammered. I giggled. "Squippy. I've been thinking of nicknames for you. You should know, you can read my mind! Just because it's awkward calling you The Squip all the time, you know?" I glanced up at him. His face was slightly red, and he replied, "O-of course, if it makes it easier for you." The Squip covered his face partly with his messy hair. I grabbed his hand. "Let's get to school then!" I smiled.

"Yo loser!" Rich called out to me. I turned around. "Did you take it?" Rich asked me. "Up up down down left right A," The Squip said behind me, and Rich seemed to jolt. "Oh sweet! You got a Squip!" Rich grinned at me, before patting my shoulder and making his way to class. I turned to The Squip. "That was the Konami Code, right?" I asked. "Correct," The Squip nodded. "It's my way of communicating with other Squips." I glanced at him. "So.... that's why Rich is acting like he's my friend?" I asked again. "I synced his Squip. Now his desires are compatible with your own. What is friendship but a bond between two people? Now you and Rich have a bond. It's just digital." The Squip replied, glancing back at me. "Now, let's head to drama practice." I stuttered, "B-but I don't do drama practice!" I felt a shock. "Ow!"I exclaimed, clutching my back. "Stammering." The Squip explained simply.

The Squip insisted I went to drama. He said that all the popular people went there and so it would be the perfect opportunity for me to grow in popularity. As I walked in, Chloe and Brooke waved at me from a distance. "Wave back," The Squip commanded and I obeyed. "(Y/N)?" A familiar voice called to me. "Jeremy?" I glanced over in his direction. He was sitting next to Christine. "What are you doing here?" Jeremy asked me, standing up and walking towards me. "I'm here to support you!" The Squip commanded me and I repeated. Jeremy scoffed. "Really? You've been acting weird! You've not met with me since you went off wherever! With no explanation!" I scoffed back. "Well you haven't asked to meet with me either! Friendship works two ways Jeremy!" He froze, and replied, "Yeah you're right. Look, I'm sorry (Y/N), I've had a lot on my mind, you know? I appreciate you supporting me." Jeremy placed his hand on my shoulder, before turning away to talk to Christine. I sat down on the nearest seat and thought to myself, "You're used to thinking about him in a certain way from of the persona that he displaced and then something changes... and he changes..."

"(Y/N)?" Jeremy and Christine stared at me. Did...Did I say that out loud?! "Just say what's on your mind, (Y/N)," Christine smiled at me. Jeremy nodded. "We won't judge you." I looked at them both. "Say... say there's this guy, and you had this particular thought when you first met him, but he's suddenly different to you." I explained to them. "And he changes, into a guy you'd never be into, into a guy you'd kinda be into. I don't always relate to people my age, except in books and films and musicals, and there are so many changes I'm going through..." I laughed slightly, "Why am I telling this to you? Guess there's a part of me that wants to." Jeremy and Christine turned to talk to each other, and The Squip sat next to me. "You... you like someone right?" The Squip asked me. I nodded slowly. "I think so," I replied. "He's gone from a guy that I'd never be into to a guy that I'd kinda be into though, it's... weird." The Squip looked down to the floor. "Is he worth it?" I asked aloud to no one in particular. "Absolutely!" The Squip exclaimed, his head swinging upwards and his face was slightly red, it was quite cute. I laughed again. "Why am I telling this to you? Guess there's a part of me that wants to; I guess a part of me wants to, who knew? I guess a part of me likes to talk to you, I guess a part of me likes to, who knew? I guess a part of me likes to sit with you, guess a part of me likes to, who knew? I guess a part of me likes to hang with you." Looking up at The Squip, I whispered, "The guy that I'd kinda be into," and he repeated, "The guy you'd kinda be into," I laughed. "Yeah, the guy I'd kinda be into... is Jake."