Chapter Five

"No. Not that outfit." The Squip shook his head as I pulled out a Mikasa cosplay. "What? Why not?" I asked, my face dropping. "You told me I could wear whatever!" The Squip sighed. "I know, I know, but no one is going to know Mikasa! People don't really know anime, they know musicals better. Maybe..." He leaned over me and pulled out my Heather Chandler cosplay. "Heather Chandler?" I raised an eyebrow, and grabbed the outfit. "Sure, I like Heather anyway." I replied, leaving the room to go change. I glared at The Squip. "Don't mess any of my stuff up."

Once I left the bathroom after changing, The Squip was waiting for me, wearing a black trench coat, different from the one he normally wears. "What are you, JD from Heathers?" I asked, eyeing his outfit up and down. "No, I am not anyone in particular." The Squip answered. "You look like Neo from the Matrix," I spoke, before heading downstairs to leave, though I could his shouts of protest.

"We're late, you know." I pointed out as we walked to Jake's house. "That's good. You don't want to seem too keen to get into their circle by being early, but by being slightly late you are showing you still know your place in society," The Squip explained. When we entered the house, I heard Jake shout, "Whose ready for a Halloween party?!" As I reached a seat, Chloe ran over to me wearing a baby outfit. "I was afraid you weren't coming! Did you get my messages?" She asked. "Play it off." The Squip advised. "Am I late? Didn't even realise." I replied, trying to keep my cool. Chloe laughed. "Here, have a drink," she said, handing me a red cup. "What is it?" I asked, feeling cautious of the strange coloured drink. But Chloe had disappeared into the void of party-goers. "Drink it!" The Squip encouraged. I stared at him. "Drink it! It won't poison you!" The Squip smiled. I shrugged my shoulders and took a sip. It tasted... bitter, yet refreshing? "It's nice," I smiled and The Squip handed me another cup. I wandered around for a little bit mingling with the popular people, making small talk with most of them. My head suddenly felt like it was pounding, so I went upstairs for some quiet time away from the loud music. I opened the door to the nearest room, and there lying on the bed was Chloe... and Jeremy?! "Jeremy? Chloe? What are you doing here?" I asked cautiously. Chloe smiled and walked towards me and grabbed my shoulder. "You wanna join us?" She asked, giving me a drunk smile. I was confused at first, then it clicked. She was asking me to a threesome, with her and Jeremy. "What? No!" I shrieked. "Squip!" I called out in my head.

"Konichiwa!" The Squip spoke. "What?" I questioned. "I'm sorry, (Y/N), alcohol temporarily scrambles my shisutemu." I stared at him in disbelief. "THEN WHY DID YOU MAKE ME DRINK IT?!" I shouted. "It was important you took advantage of the jōkyō! You'll thank me atode! Watashi wa yakusoku suru, soreha saikō no tameda!" I groaned, and pushed Chloe off me and left the room before anything else could happen. I suddenly heard shouts (mainly from Jeremy and Jake), and The Squip suddenly started saying "Kei-koku, kei-koku!" I glared at him. "Shut up! You're not gonna be any help to me when you're blabbering Japanese!" I exclaimed. The Squip suddenly disappeared and I ran into a bathroom. I turned around and spotted Michael in there. "Michael? I didn't know you were invited to the party." I spoke to him. "I wasn't." Michael replied. "What's the matter? Squip got your tongue?" He stared at me. I shook my head. "No... It's off." I replied. Suddenly Jeremy came bursting into the bathroom. Michael scoffed at the two of us. "It's good to see you man." He smiled. "It won't be, once you hear what I found out." Michael tapped our heads. "What about the Squips?" I asked. "But there's nothing on the internet-" Jeremy started. "Which is weird, right? I mean, what's not on the internet? So I starting asking around. Finally, this guy I play Warcraft with... Told me how his brother went from a straight D student to a freshman at Harvard. You know where he is now?" Michael asked. "Really happy and successful?" I replied hopefully. "He's in a mental hospital. Totally lost it. We're talking an insanely powerful super-computer. You really think its primary function is to get you laid? Who made them? How did they end up in a high school? In New Jersey? Of all possible applications for such a mind-blowingly advanced technology, you ever wonder what it's doing inside YOU TWO!" Michael exclaimed. "And I thought Chloe was jealous." Jeremy said simply. "His Squip didn't make him mad." Michael said. "Then we've got nothing to worry about," I replied. "He went mad trying to get it out, (Y/N)!" Michael shouted at me. I froze for a second. "I've got nothing to worry about then. I'm happy with my Squip. See you later." I sighed, and closed the door behind me.

I sat down on the nearest seat to me. Looking up, I spotted The Squip dancing to Candy Store from Heathers, though he was still mumbling in Japanese.

Rich came up to me

Rich came up to me. "You got any Mountain Dew Red?" He asked, and I shook my head. He gave a deep sigh, and left to ask more people. "It looks like normal Mountain Dew? But red?" I heard him ask Jeremy. He must have left after the conversation with Michael. Was Michael right though? Could my Squip cause me to go insane? But he was so nice...

My Squip sat next to me. "Hello, (Y/N)!" He cheered happily. "About time!" I hissed at him. "My absence was not ideal. But it was necessary One moment while I review the data from this evening." The Squip paused and grabbed my hand. "Come on, we need to get you home." I blinked at him, and he pulled me up. "Squippy? But-" I questioned. "Now," The Squip ordered and led me out of the house by my hand.