89: New Year

DAN’S P.O.V.

I’m not sure if what I told Harry was the entire truth. I’m into him, sure, but I don’t know if it’s as much as he is into me. I like Harry, that’s for certain. I care for him a lot. And he’s become very special to me. It’s not just because of how much I love his kiss, his touch, his weight on me and his fiery eyes all the time. It’s also because of the way he treats me. Something inside me tells me that he truly loves me and that he will never hurt me and that’s what makes me grow even fonder of him.

We spent about an hour eating in his couch and watching Netflix. Harry has become very perky after our little conversation and our make-out session in his bed. He was talking with his mouth full and he was making me laugh each time he’d make his usual unnecessary comments about what’s playing on the TV. The thing is we watched a music awards show, not a chick-flick movie for the first time and it’s driving me a little crazy considering it was him who chose it. I chose to ignore it and we slept together, as always, in his bed, snaked to each other.

The next morning, we’re back to the hospital. Alex has somehow learned that he can’t just stay there all day because I don’t like it so he skips December 29th which is today, thankfully. Nancy, however, is told to never skip one single day but that’s fine. Her presence is way more tolerable than Alex. Lindsey told me she’d be taking the day off and of course I told her she could. After all, it’s a well-deserved break. She can even go on for another five-day break because I’m no longer going to the bakery to work which means I can focus on Joe until classes start again. I’ll be starting on my internship on the second week of January so yeah I quite have some time spared. Harry stays with me every day too but he will always go to Niall’s every four in the afternoon and will only go back to fetch me at the hospital at one. I don’t want to be that kind of person who gets nosy about his whereabouts, considering we’re not really official. But sometimes I can’t help but wonder what it is that he does with Niall that it has to take nine hours.

It’s December 31st, yep, New Year’s Eve. I’m spending it lowkey as usual, but not as typical as it’s like before as I have someone else, aside from Joe, that’s spending it with me. Although I spent the past two years being with Joana, those two years we never really celebrated New Year together. But that’s fine. Harry is with me now and he’s made these whole 2 months of our in-between relationship more meaningful than my official two-year relationship with Joana could ever be. That’s weird, isn’t it, having to hear something like that from a lesbian. Sometimes I feel like… um, no, not really.

Harry walks back into the hospital room with Target bags in his hands and another one from I think Pancake House. “The last day of 2015, got to sprinkle some sweets on it.” He says as he sets them down on the table.

“Let me guess. You bought chocolate marble pancakes?” I ask him as I stand beside him.

“Yep, two snackboxes of that and two milkshake. Oh and here’s the cheese you wanted, as well as the pesto pasta. I bought us raisin bread too.” All the time that he’s telling me everything that he brought me, I can’t help but smile and only smile at him. He notices. “What?”

I shake my head. “I don’t know. This is just amazing, Harry.”

“What exactly is amazing?” He faces me, his frown hard.

“Nothing.” I just say.

He laughs. “Okay, so…” He goes back to introducing to me one by one the food he bought. He’s also got a basket of fruits which makes me as happy as much as I’m doubtful of his source of money.

“Not to sound rude or what but… where are you getting all your money, Harry? As far as I know, you have never been in contact with your parents and have no plans of doing so… and this…”