98: The Answer

Author's note: Hey there. I told ya, every week. :)

HARRY'S P.O.V.

We were both quiet on our ride home, not only because my behavior was appalling, but apparently also because both of us had become mature enough to know that fighting in the car wouldn't do us any good. I wanted to talk to her and know her thoughts all the damn time that I was driving, but at the same time I didn't want to risk it. Sometimes her thoughts can hurt.

I look at her sideways as she walks to the kitchen. It has always been her first go-to whenever she arrives at my condo, something I just keep noticing for the past weeks that she's here regularly. She seems to be deep in her thoughts. It's either I break it to her or she doesn't at all. Most of the time, it's me who needs to pull the trigger. "Elle."

She opens the fridge and pulls out a pack of mango juice before looking at me. "I didn't like what you just did, Harry."

I shrug. "I know, but I don't think I could've done anything different. The bastard was at you all the fucking time."

"No, he wasn't and even if he was, you should've still behaved more appropriately."

"You're getting into my nerves right now, Elle, just by telling me how the fuck I should've acted when you never had any idea how it felt seeing that shit!" And yep, I've gone angry now. Elle here is really annoying me.

She walks out of the kitchen to meet me across the room. "I'm not planning on fighting with you, Harry. I just want you stay away from any trouble. That's it."

"Oh really? Now you're trying to act as if you're just concerned about my own fucking welfare. No, you aren't. You just don't want me to act up just so you can cover your relationship with me!"

"That's not true---."

"Yes it is and just so you know, Elle. I was jealous. I really was. I still am, much more when I get to see it every day how it's okay for other guys to put their arms around you in public, how it's easy for others to walk you to your classes, how it's just no big of a deal for you when others chat you and laugh with you, but when it's me? But when it's me?"

She reaches out both of her palms to cup my cheeks and I'd be a fucking liar if I say I'm not surprised. That's the exact opposite of the reaction I expected I would get. Usually it's her words against my words. But now, it's just her lips against mine. And it's just the best damn thing in the world. When she parts her lips from mine, I still can't pull myself together. I'm still in a fucking trance.

"If you think you can get away from it by----." I try to speak but she kisses me yet again. And maybe she's actually successfully getting away. I lift my face from hers, trying to make sense of what just happened but she goes on rubbing my jaw with her thumb, looking me in the eye as if we were never in the middle of a heated fight to begin with.

"Don't you really believe me when I say I don't want you in any trouble?" She speaks, looking perfectly calm while here I am, still not over how she fucking kissed me.

I shake my head. "No." I hate how weak I sound like, talking to her. "It always feels like you're only worried about yourself."

Her eyes suddenly look sad as they meet mine. "You don't know how much you mean to me, Harry."

"You're right." I whisper, but my heart betrays me, fluttering at every word she says as I take a step toward her, wrapping my arms around her waist, pulling her against me. "I really don't." I tell her, meaning every word.

She looks up at me, her fingers threading into my hair. "You're everything that I have now. Can't you see?"

I shake my head once again. How can she make me hate her and want her all at the same time? "I can't. And I just don't get it. If I mean that much to you, why can't you just stop hiding me?"