26: The Girl He Can't Share

DAN’S P.O.V.

I’ve been trying to open my eyes for several minutes now, but no matter how much I tried, they just keep falling back. I’m not awake but not entirely asleep. I can feel the air swirling past me with every step my taker makes. I can hear some whispering, but with the jumbled mind that I have, I know I’m not understanding it anytime soon.

There’s this very discreet slinging sound, something that you hear each time you open a door. So I’m being taken to a room. Why, is my taker one of the waitresses in the bar who’s come to assist me to bed since I look drunk and fucked up? If that is so, I might just give her a really nice kiss once I get my energy back. I’m put down on a mattress, the strings of the foam making a creaky sound. There’s a familiar voice that keeps talking and there’s another one that I haven’t heard of. 

“Where’s Hazza?”

“I don't know. Maybe he’s not coming.”

“That’s better. It will be nice to have this girl all to ourselves.”

“Yeah, you’re right.”

A girl all to themselves? Who’s the girl? Who are they talking about?

Someone to my left suddenly pulls my ankles apart and I don't know but at that very moment, I start to feel a terrible knot twisting at the very center of my stomach. Something’s not right in here. I can’t put my finger on it just yet but I’m sure something is wrong. When another pair of hands grabs the hem of my shirt and lifts it, it all seems to tick. I scream the hardest I can.

HARRY’S P.O.V.

Why is the traffic light fucking kidding me now? It’s a shitty Monday night and it just doesn't make sense why all the people in Metairie seem to be flooding the street to pull off on me the stupidest, corniest joke of all time. If Louis is being honest for the first time, then it means Elle Marie is there with them and God knows what they’ve been doing to her now. Fuck, yeah, I agreed with this. I definitely did. I told myself so many times it’s okay to have her shared with Louis and Zayn because she’s not a girl, not my girl and not the girl that I like. But fuck, there’s just something within me, something within this fucking ribcage that tells me it just isn’t what I really mean. I don't know which part of what I said that I don't mean. Fine, of course I do, but I’m just not admitting it now.

As soon as the light turns green, I overtake two cars and another and another until I find myself getting past almost ten cars. Good thing there are still spaces in here where I can squeeze my Audi into or I might just get out of my car and run to the fucking pub. Just when I’m about to outdo another car, the light turns red. Shit. I pick my phone up and call Louis. Great, the asshole is not answering. I opt to call Zayn instead. Another asshole who doesn't answer his phone. Damn, who else should I call?

I’m just about to hit his speed dial but gladly his call has saved my finger the energy to hit a button. I swipe the screen to answer. “Niall, where are you?”

“I’m about to walk into the pub, you?”

“Shit, Niall, will you go find Louis and Zayn now?” I can feel all my sensibility leaving me as those words rush out of my mouth. I don't know why I’m doing this but I’ve just  got no time to figure it out.

“Why? What happened?”

“It’s Elle, I mean, Dan, they have her.”

“Okay.” His voice is angry and I can tell he’s about to end the call.

“Wait, you have to find them, Niall. They need to be stopped.”

“Why, because you’re not there to start the party?”