Chapter 96: Invitation

Author's Note: Hey guys, I'm back! I will try to update every week now. :) 

DAN'S P.O.V

I'm so glad that Harry and I let the whole week pass without us fighting over our recurrent issues such as my sexuality, his temper, our relationship and all other things that can trigger the both of us anytime. We're doing pretty good actually in getting along. Maybe because we are both admittedly busy but being busy doesn't affect our time for each other. After all, I've never left his house since New Year. We go to school together. His job is practically only a few blocks away from mine. And after all our individual whereabouts, he's where I go home to. For some reason, since Joe is bound to leave for New York with my father in a few days since he's doing better after the operation, I don't feel like going back to my own house anymore. I don't want the feeling of being alone and partly I know it's also because I just... don't want to be away from Harry. It feels like we've been through a lot in just about two months of being together. We aren't official but he's already become such a huge part of my life and he always says I am too.

It's been a week since Harry has started in his new job. That makes it two for me since I've started a week ahead of him. His facial expression is always irritated or his lips are always puckered every after office hours because he rants about hating carrying folders and papers all the damn time and I would just laugh at him because he looks so cute. It's Thursday night and I like the fact that his job has the same schedule as mine. His boss lets him go to work every Tuesdays and Thursdays so he can still go to the uni and we are both glad that our dean is gracious enough to allow our internship be credited to one of our major subjects. To sum it all up, we are hitting it off really well in both work and studies.

"I'm just unbelievably drained right now." Harry mutters as he opens the door to his condo. "I don't understand why they don't hire a separate guy for carrying those shitty files. It just gets to me every time."

Again, I laugh at him as I go to the fridge. "The files contain the cashflows of your company, don't they?"

He sighs and slumps himself on the couch, his eyes closed while he unbuttons his shirt, which he's failing to do with ease by the way. "Yep."

I walk towards the couch and set a glass of water on the table as soon as I reach him. "And you're assigned to your company's cashflows, right?"

He lets out a sigh again. "Yep."

I join him in the couch and fills his glass with water. "Then it's only right that you're the one who carries those files. I mean, who else should?"

"I don't give a shit, Elle. Besides, it's fucking 2016. The company's accounting system should have at least been automated. You know how I hate manual. I mean, it's just not fair."

"You complain a lot. You're such a baby, Harry."

He opens his eyes momentarily just to roll them at me and goes back to closing them while he keeps on failing to unbutton his shirt.

I laugh at him and decide to just help him. "Let me." When my fingers have landed on his shirt, his smile has made an appearance, finally, after hours of relentless ranting.

"That's more like it." He says under his breath, his eyes upon mine.

"I can tell you've come alive again."

He raises his brows. "Oh, can you?" He challenges and I know exactly what he's talking about now. "I doubt that because you happen to have never touched me."

"I've touched you." I tell him while I try to hide a smile. "See?" I jokingly poke his arm, his chest, then his stomach.

"Down, baby." He says and even with that playful grin plastered to his face, I can tell he wants it so bad.