30: Rollercoaster

DAN’S P.O.V.

The moment I wake up, the first thing that gets to my head is nothing but terrible pain. If I didn't know exactly what had happened last night, I would have thought I hit my head against a rock. I was drunk and wasted but everything seemed clear to me, except for the things that had occurred during my stay in this place I have absolutely no idea about. The room isn’t lit but through that bit of sunlight streaming into the blinds, I’m able to take note what’s around me. A ceiling, quite high and pretty white I’m sure if the lights are open. Walls are probably white as well, but due to lack of illumination, I might consider them dirty white or grayish, or just anything that’s in the shades of gray. That thought brings me back to Joana so quickly that I regret about trying to assess all the damn colors of this mysterious room. I don't want to think about her for now. Clearly, she’s made a complete mess out of me last night and I don't want this day to end exactly the same.

I try to get up, but my body is failing me miserably. Every muscle in my body hurts like I’ve gone through a wrestling match. I would rather go on a wrestling match than go through everything that I have in that pub. It’s horrible and almost enough to traumatize someone who’s got a weaker heart than mine. Not that I’m not traumatized. To be honest, I quite am.

Pulling the sheet away from my body, I’ve found out I’m not decently dressed. I have my pants on, my bra, but without my white shirt. Yep, I remember. Harry told me that moment he’d found me that it was torn. Harry Styles. His name used to bring fear, disgust and exasperation to me. But today right when I’ve had my eyes open, that cliché seems to have finally been broken and I know exactly why. He saved me. And Niall did too. This I know.

I give myself another try to pull myself up. I want to give myself a high five for succeeding this time around. I lift my feet to the floor and stand, despite the wobbliness and the aching. I’m surprised there’s not a litter on the floor, not a single garment or a piece of cloth. This place is completely different from Liam’s, which makes me wonder now where in the hell I actually am. The room is neat. The bed, where I just slept, looks clean with these white sheets and pillows. The stacks of books are aligned seamlessly on the other side of the room and mind you, the stacks are probably about four or five levels on the wall. This gives me an impression that the owner of this house actually loves to read. Now, that’s quite intriguing. Liam loves Harry Potter. If the owner has Harry Potter in here then maybe he and Liam could be friends. I’m a fan of the movies, but I haven’t hit the books.

I’ve got this feeling that it wouldn't be a good idea to walk out of this room without a blanket wrapped around me so I did just that. I walk toward the door and open it, not expecting to see what I do now at the least.

On the sofa is a sleeping Harry Styles, sleeping probably in a very uncomfortable way as he’s only seated, his neck craned over the top edge of the back of the couch he’s slumped against to, his chin almost pointed upward. He coughs slightly, falls right back and doesn't wake. To his side is the blond boy, Niall, who’s positioned just the same as Harry is, only that he’s scratching his chin in his sleep and has now just unconsciously lifted a leg over Harry’s. He isn’t even contented with that. He later on shifts on the sofa and slings an arm around Harry’s neck. I’ve tried but I couldn't stop myself from laughing.

Harry wrinkles his nose and stirs, his jade eyes suddenly wide open, looking apparently surprised. “Holy shit.” He looks down at himself and almost instantly jerks Niall away from him like Niall has leprosy or something. He stands right up and kicks Niall in the leg. “Wake up, asshole.”

“No, you don't have to wake him.” I interrupt him, hoping it’s not too late.

He stops kicking Niall and turns to look at me again. He looks completely stunned in the face. His eyes are wide and his lips are almost an inch apart from each other. I’m not sure what he’s so taken aback about.