Chapter 8- The Guy Driving the RV*

I can't believe that Jolene ran into the fire to save Jason. She would have never done that for me. And you know what else I can't believe? I can't believe that she carried him. Call me jealous, but I don't care, I know I am. She would never care enough to go and rescue me, and then on top of that, carry me! I guess technically Jason has his feet burnt, but even then I know she still wouldn't have done that for me.

"Hey Kit, wanna switch out?" Jason asks limping into the passenger seat. I shake my head no.

"I can go for a few more hours." I reply squinting my eyes at the road.

"No, you've been driving for six hours straight. Let me drive." Jason insists.

"Jolene has been driving that long too! And she even carried you through a fire. You aren't bugging her!" I reply. Jason sighs, clearly annoyed with me, but he persists.

"Jolene isn't even in here! She's outside, well, in another vehicle. Plus she wouldn't let me drive with my feet!" I sigh.

"Speaking of that, how are your feet?" I ask glancing away from the road for a second.

"They hurts so bad that they are numb." Jason says, as if what he just said isn't bad.

"You shouldn't drive, right there is the reason." Jason crosses his arms.

"I know my limits, now please let me drive." I shake my head and notice a spot in the road where I can pull the RV over. I pull the RV over, regretting the fact that I'm giving in to his begging. Me and Jason make eye contact when I put the RV in park.

"Happy?" I ask before I get up and head into the back. I look around the RV and when I see that I happened to grab the model with no built in beds I sigh deeply. "Great job Kit. No wonder Jolene hates you, you can't do anything right." I hiss, beating myself up. I sit down on the couch and when I do a yawn somehow manages to escape out which signals that it's about time for me to go to sleep. Barely being able to, I move myself into a comfortable position. I pull off my shirt and throw it back to where Jason was resting right as the RV begins to move. Before I'm able to close my eyes I have to take my hair out of the man bun it's been in all day. Finally, some pressure is off of my head. Instantly I fall into a deep sleep. Which is what I constantly do. Sleep.

                 • • •

I awaken to the sound of shuffling below me, and being hit in the face with my shirt woke me up too. "Hey Nerd. We're going into the gas station to get some stuff. Wanna come?" I nod and smile at Jolene,  who is wearing a blue oversized tee that is off the shoulder revealing her beige straps of her bra. And she's wearing the same white jeans she was wearing last time I saw her.

"Yeah, I'm coming." I slide down off of the bunk and put the same shirt that I wore yesterday on, which earns me a dirty look from Jolene.

"Wear the same shirt again and you'll get a new name from me." I chuckle and shake my head.

"And what would that be?"

"You nasty." Jolene says before she pulls Jason's jacket off the edge of a seat and exits the RV with her baseball bat in hand. I shake my head before I exit the RV after her.

"There's some people in there." Jason says pointing at the Gas Station, after he catches the jacket Jolene tossed to him. I look at Jason's feet only to notice that he has one foot wrapped up and the other has a shoe over it. I want to ask how it feels but I don't feel like interrupting the conversation him and Jolene are having. Jolene sets the bat down against the RV and stretches.

"They probably want to be payed for gas." Jolene says before she pulls some money out of the pocket of her jeans. She shoves it into my hand. "Go pay them." I sigh and look at Jason.