Chapter 6- The Boss*

"I can't believe it.. we're not alone." I breathe as I sit back down on Kit's mattress. Kit nods as he sits beside me; automatically leaning forward, resting his elbows on his knees. Jason is soon to follow, sitting on the mattress across from us.

"So should we go?" Jason asks. I shake my head in disbelief, glancing up at the zombies/stones that are clawing at the gate and growling.

"Is that even a question?" I ask giving Jason a look. Kit sighs and shrugs.

"Jason does have a legit question. We don't even know if it's real." Kit says looking at me the same way Jason is looking at me; a look filled with fear.

"It doesn't matter wether we think it is or if we think it isn't. What matters is there is an opportunity. An opportunity to not be alone." I push myself off the mattress and walk to my room. When I reach the door I stop. "You all can come with me or not. But I'm leaving. I've made up my mind." With that I go into my room, shutting the door behind me. I begin packing everything together, making it super easy to move when I'm ready to pack everything into my car. When I'm finished I change into pajamas and crawl under my comfy black sheets.

I noticed that when the stones were chasing after Kit that they had their eyes on his black jacket. I don't know if that was a coincidence, but I will take that as a sign. I won't be wearing any black clothes from now on, unless I'm sure that they can't see me or aren't around.
I sigh at the thought of that. It means I won't be able to wear any leggings. Which is super depressing.

After a while of thinking I close my eyes and let my exhaustion take control. I almost instantly enter what I think is a dream. Although I should be excited that it's got something totally different going with the world; it's still not good. The world is desolated and it looks like a tornado has ripped it apart. My dream self has seemed to have fallen in love with one of my magnificent pop mates, Presley. Who evidently returns the feelings (not surprising) according to this letter that I'm currently reading. Huh.. that's odd. Normally he doesn't call me Jolene, he normally calls me Queen Popular. Whatever, it's not like it's real.

"Hey, boss." My dream self looks up from the letter I'm reading to see Nikala standing there. Although it's not the Nikala I'm used to. She's showing off a little more than usual and her hair is up in a ponytail. It's normal for my dream self to see I guess because she doesn't question it one bit.

"Yeah, what do you need?" My dream self asks. You know what I'm getting tired of calling it my dream self; so we shall call her Linda.

"There's a storm coming. Looks like a sand mixed with a tornado. Either way we should head downstairs." Linda nods and then pushes open double doors that open to a lot of steps. In a split second Linda and Nikala are heading down the stairs. I swear this dream only consists of Linda walking down stairs because it feels like it takes thirty minutes just to get down three levels. We do reach the bottom, but my lord it takes forever.

"Everyone listen up. There's a storm coming so everyone get to your stations." Linda booms, making every person who was sitting stand. They instantly get to work. For the most part it looks like they are looking at computer screens, but how would I know, I don't live here.

"Boss, what does it look like?" Linda looks at my dream worlds Jason who looks even handsomer than normal.

"High wind sand storm." Jason looks terrified at the answer.

"Our base can't take another one of those." Linda nods and looks ahead.

"We have no choice but to sit it out." Linda says before she sits down in what looks like a throne. Jason walks off his whole body shaking with fear. Shortly after Nikala sits down in a small throne beside Linda and looks at her.