Chapter 15- Kit Burdine*

I huff as I slam the door shut. I can feel the pressure from the ice pushing against the door, trying its hardest to freeze another person. Behind me I hear Damion screaming. His arm got touched by the ice and the ice crawled up his arm, I'm pretty sure it's falling off by how loud he is screaming. Jolene has it worse though, she was completely frozen and just fell into the room when Jason grabbed her. 

Now she's just ice, being held by Jason who is screaming for me to help him. But I can't move, I can't even feel myself breathing. A numb feeling has covered my entire body and the only one of my senses that is still active is my sight. But it's not of any use when I'm not even reacting to what I'm seeing.

"Dear god!! Help me gosh darn it!" Jason yells as he tries to pull Jolene towards the air conditioner on the opposite side of the room. Damion runs over to the air conditioner and turns the thermostat to the hottest it will go to. Then he holds his frozen arm up to it, in hopes that the ice will melt off. I feel another sense take over, it feels as if I am no longer in control of my body.

 The other me walks over to the wall and drags a desk over from the wall to in front of the door and then another. It does this until all of the doors that have windows looking outside are blocked off. The other me walks over to the doors leading to the stairs and opens them. Suddenly I can smell everything near me, and by near me I mean within two hundred feet. I can hear better than I ever have and can see every detail in everything. The other me closes the door and turns to Jason who has managed to pull Jolene near the heater.

"The ice should stop spreading in a couple hours." The other me says. Then I feel it exit my body, letting me regain control of myself once more. My body is suddenly hungry and cold and then sick. My eyes roll back into my head and I feel myself hit the ground. As my eyes close, I don't hear anyone call my name to see if I'm okay.

When I open my eyes I'm still on the floor. No one seemed to care that I was on the ground, the only thing they did was cover me in a blanket. As I sit up, the first person I see is Damion, who is on the ground a couple of feet from me with a blanket over him. From here I can see his left arm is missing, and it's stub is like I've never seen before. It looks like a window if it were shattered, with some areas dangerously sharp and pointed, and others just shaped in triangles. Jason is awake and is just sitting next to the frozen Jolene. I guess the heater didn't work. 

I stand and walk over to Jason. When I reach him I notice that he has the stains of tears on his cheek. He looks up at me and when I see his eyes, I instantly get jealous, even if this isn't the place or time to get jealous. His eyes are the lightest shade of brown I have seen in a really long time, totally contrasting from his normal chocolate brown eyes. It's no wonder Jolene can't keep her eyes off him. Not just because of his eyes, but because of his perfectly carved face. I reach up towards my barely existent jaw, feeling very self-conscious all of the sudden.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Jason questions as he brings his knees up to his chest. I shake my head and look at my feel, feeling shame taking over.

"I don't know" I pause, "but I'm sorry." Jason shakes his head and looks away.

"It's okay, but dear god you can't do that again! I had to help Damion and Jolene at the same time, and you can see how that worked out." Jason says, shaking his head as he speaks, clearly mad at himself. Man do I know how that feels.

"Can I do anything now?" I ask as I glance at the still frozen Jolene. Jason sniffles and wipes his nose, which makes me think he's been crying almost more than the stains on his cheeks.

"I don't know. We do need to find a way to thaw Jolene. Damion said his arm will heal back the next time he turns into a stone." My heart jumps at that word, and I almost want to pass out again. But something keeps me standing.