Chapter 30

I'm going home today, I've been here for almost 10 days so its about time, I still have not been able to see Simon, there is no change and the doctors want to pull the plug, I heard it from Tobi that they are going to give him until next weekend and then take him off life support, I don't know what to do, I've been trying to act like I'm Ok in front off my parents and my siblings, because my mom and dad don't know about me and Simon, and I guess there is no point telling them now, it won't make a difference anyway. There are only 3 people that know, Rosie, Vikk and Tobi. 

"Harry" Tobi says as he looks into my room as I'm trying to pack all my things, but it's very hard to do while on crutches, I also get very tired very easy so I have to take a brake from standing every two minutes, it's very painful to stand up for that long. 

"yeah"

"wanna come see Simon?"

"what?"

"his parents are out for the day so they have asked me to gather some off his friends to sit with him and talk to him throughout the day"

"what are they doing"

"funeral arrangements" Tobi says as he looks down, I guess he did not want to see the look on my face when he would say the words, I did not want to hear those words

"he is not going to wake up is he?" I ask as I can feel the tears starting to well up. 

"it's very unlikely, and if he will wake up he will most likely not be the same, there may be significant brain damage, there is just no way to know" Tobi said as he came over to me and gave me a hug, I just hold on to him tight as I start to cry. 

"hey, hey, safe some for Simon yeah" Tobi smiles at me as he pats my back and then he goes and gets we a wheelchair as I can't want that far, I can nearly make it out off this room, there is no way that I can make it down 3 floors to the ICU. 

"I don't know what to say" I confess as we have now got to the ICU floor and are just about to reach Simon's room. 

"just say what you want, he will not reply, but you can make sure that there is nothing left unsaid on your end, we both know that his last thoughts before the accident were off you, he loves you"

"I love him to"

"then go in there and tell him" Tobi smiles as he opened the door for me and then pushed me to his bedside, I just stare at him for a few minutes, taking everything in, he looks so different, this is not the Simon Minter that I knew, I want him back and as I take him hand into mine I brake down. 

"hey Si, I miss you so much"