Chapter 17

Last night was kind of a blur... Sakura was traumatized by her own dramatics, again. Sasuke was annoyed the rest of the time we ate. Naruto finished a whole dozen of ramen.

How? I don't get it either.

*Flash back to last night*

When Sakura left. Sasuke and I went back to eating. He was quiet the whole time. Besides the occasional sighs of course.

"Sasuke? Are you okay?" I break the silence after drinking the last bit of my broth. He looks at me with a gentle look and nods.
"I'm fine, Hinata. Just a bit annoyed. She's been at this since grade school and it's tiring." He confesses.
"And it's not just her either."

I chuckle. "I see you're just tired of being the good looking ninja, aren't you?" I say in hope for him to become at ease. It works, a little.

The tension in his shoulders lightened up a bit. With a small smile on his face he gives me a gentle stroke on my cheak and shakes his head. "That's not it." He gestures to leave and I go along.
"Being a ninja isn't all play and games. I found that out the hard way. Admitting it now is a struggle. I was top in my class because I have a reason to become stronger. Sakura is considered a sad excuse of a shinobi. Having feelings for that, isn't worth my time."

I understood completely. A lot of us don't take it seriously when we're supposed to. And Sakura is one of them. But does that mean Sasuke doesn't take us seriously? Does that mean he's second guessing his decisions to be together?

I look down at my feet, not really saying anything. Sasuke looks at me. He makes a weird face, attempting to say something but he stops himself. I think he is second guessing us.

I guess I should have known. Right? He despises lollygagging. He's never been interested in someone else besides his own interests in getting stronger. I should be okay with it.

Once we reached my house, I was already starting to head inside. Still without saying anything to him.

Before I could get to the gates, Sasuke had grabbed my hand. "Hinata..." He says as tenderly as he could. "This doesn't mean I think we're stupid for dating. It's only the beginning... I said those things so you'd know that you're different." He squeezed my hand, pulling me closer to him. Laying me against his chest gently.

I closed my eyes and allowed him. It felt good and comforting. Safe and maybe a little magical.

I look up at his midnight eyes and a little smile appeared on both our faces. I laugh a little and say, "Sorry... I shouldn't have been so quiet. I thought..." He stops me with a kiss. A long a blissful kiss. My eyes were big from shock.

Sasuke's hands moved to the middle of my back, supporting me with his warmth. I kiss back, closing my eyes.

His feelings are so clear now... My feelings are even clearer now. I like this guy. A lot. I mean a lot. And I don't know what to do about that. How is this going to affect our life as a shinobi?

His lips move away too soon. I open my eyes, looking back at his beautiful midnight eyes. His eyes were glittering with happiness and relief. "It's getting late." He kisses me again but this time a peck. I nod and smile.
"Yeah. We should get to bed, shouldn't we?" I say with a little daze in my voice. He nods and smiles, hearing my dazed voice. "See you in the morning, Hinata." He puts his hands into his pockets after he touches my cheek for the last time tonight and leaves.

Laying in bed now. I look up at the ceiling of my room and smile. I couldn't stop smiling. I was so happy! So happy to the point I thought it was impossible for me to sleep.

Sorry for late and short chapter! I hope you guys still enjoy it tho!