The End of the Beginning

"Princess you don't have to stay with me. I don't know what kind of state I'll be in when if wake up." Elijah tells me. He's wearing his comfortable grey sweatpants and a white t-shirt.

"Don't say that!" I bark, "You're going to wake me. You won't die. I won't allow it. I'll hold your soul in my hand if I have too. You are really all I have left so you really have no choice."

He comes to me and kisses me. I wrap my arms around his waist tight. "I'm sorry Princess."

"I know you're scared. You should be it's a big risk. But you will make it. I know you will."

"Ok Princess." He tells me.

I drive us to the hospital and they prep him for surgery.

He takes my hand. We both have a tight grip on each other.

Soon they take him away and I can't help but cry a bit.

The surgery was fifteen hours. I did not leave this room. I decided that I would be here for him when he gets back.

I was asleep when they finally bought him back.

"H-how did it go?" I ask sitting up.

"The surgery was a success."

"Oh thank God." I tell him. I get up and hug the doctor. "Oh thank God."

"Yes." The doctor says awkwardly.

I pull away from him. "Thank you too doctor."

He smiles at me. "He should sleep a while. We'll be checking him frequently and there's always a chance his body could reject the lungs we put in there." The doctor informs.

"Of course." I say then the doctor leaves.

I pull my chair up to Elijah's sleeping body. "They said you'll be fine. I knew you would."

The next year Elijah was almost done healing up and I was going to school. He is very eager to get back to baseball but our wedding is coming up first.

"Princess." Elijah calls.

"Yeah babe?"

"Come out here."

I set my book down and go outside and see him with a baseball bat. He swings harder than he ever has. For a moment I'm scared. But he's fine.

I go to him and kiss his cheek.

"I still scare myself." He tells me.

"You still scare me." I chuckle.

"The wedding is tomorrow." He reminds.

"I am aware of that." I smirk.

"I'm more excited for the honeymoon." He smirks.

I roll my eyes. "I'm sure you are."

The doorbell rings and I go get it.

"Hey girl!" Beatrice greets with Deja on her hip.

I hug her. "What's up girl?"

"Nothing, just came to get you. We have a bit of pampering to do." She reminds.

Elijah comes in the room. "Hi."

"How you feeling?" She asks.

"Like a new man."