Chapter 5

Note: Picture not mine. ✌🏻 Got it from Google but it's the visuals for the second half of the chapter. Enjoy! 😊

=====<>=====

"RJ, I can't. I can't do it. I just can't."

"What? You climbed all the way up here oh, kaya mo yan! Sige na, I'll go first tapos sunod ka agad."

They were both standing on top of a cliff and were about to take a dive when Maine started backing out.

"No, don't leave me!"

RJ turned to Maine with a sneaky smile on his face, "What did you say?"

"Ayan ka na naman eh!" Maine replied with another smack on the arm.

"Why are you so violent??" RJ asked while laughing.

"Eh, kasi natatakot na nga ako tapos yang itsura mo. . ."

"What about it? Nag-tanong lang naman ako kung ano sabi mo."

"You know what I said! And I don't mean it in a romantic way. Feeling nito," Maine said as she stuck her tongue out.

"Okay then, see ya down there!" RJ got into position and was about to jump off the cliff into the water when he felt Maine hug his middle.

"Wait!! I said don't leave meeee," Maine whined, still hugging him.

RJ laughed and took a peak behind his arm to see her face right up against his flank. "Okay, let's jump together. Sabay tayo, how about that?"

"But . . . isn't that more dangerous?" Maine looked at him as she let go of his trunk.

"So, una na ako?"

"No! I need you!"

"You what?" RJ teased again.

"Stop it, RJ! I meant I need you. I mean, I need you to jump off this cliff. I mean, I don't need need you, but I need you."

RJ looked at her and chuckled, "You were saying?"

Maine shot him a look and whined again. "You know what I mean!"

"Okay, fine," RJ said as he wrapped his arms around her. "Just put your arms around me too and count with me. On the count of three, we jump off. If you don't jump on three, I swear Maine Mendoza we're not gonna have a good landing."

"Okay! Geez, you don't have to scare me. I'm ready," she said as she tried to calm down. "Wait, no, I'm not."

"Yes, you are," RJ said as he put her arms around his body and he wrapped his around hers. "On the count of three . . . "

RJ hasn't started counting yet but Maine already shoved her face in his chest and hugged him tight, as if her life depended on it. As soon as their feet were off the rocks, all RJ heard was a loud scream and Maine saying I hate you, RJ. I fucking hate you until they hit the water.

He surfaced before Maine and when she did, he saw how wide her eyes went and how big her smile was.

"I did it!!" Maine said as she wiped the water off her face. "I did it, RJ!"

RJ smiled at her, "You did it, Maine."

"Thank youuuu," she said while she swam to him, surprising RJ with a hug.

"You are very welcome," RJ replied as he hugged her back. He gave her a gentle rub on the back while listening to her mumble to herself. With what he was hearing, he knew she was really happy she didn't chicken out of their cliff diving experience.