Chapter 21

"Love, samahan na kita."

"RJ, there you go again. I just have to pee," she said with a chuckle.

"I'll stand by the door. I'll close my eyes or I'll even cover my eyes. Di ako sisilip, promise."

"Weh, cover my eyes mo sarili mo. Cover my eyes kuno pero may space between your fingers. Wag ako, love."

"Hindi nga, di ako sisilip kahit na it's tempting to.."

"RJ!" She was quick to cut him off with a sharp glare, her laughter trying to break out from being held in.

"...tempting to..to see the wonderful decor in your bathroom," he tried to save himself but failed.

"Ewan ko sayo," she laughed again.

"Please?"

She smiled and walked back to him, giving him a quick peck on the lips. "I'll leave the door open so that you can hear my scandalous pee, okay?"

"Fine," he finally said and let her pee in peace.

After the bathroom incident a few weeks ago, RJ has been paranoid about letting her lock the bathroom while she's inside. He would still offer to accompany her despite Maine refusing each time, saying that she wasn't in pain and that she would tell them if there was anything unusual.

She was still giggling when she made her way to the bathroom and he let out a sigh, his lips finally curving up into a smile. The sound of her laughter, or even a simple chuckle from her, never fails to make him smile.

"Are you ready, love?" Maine asked him early the next morning. "Ready ka na pumasok?"

"Yes love, super duper ready," he said with enthusiasm.

"Lord, bless my ears!" RJ heard in the background, followed by Maine's laughter.

"Who was that?" He asked while laughing.

"Si Dean, kasama ko dito sa kusina," she replied while switching the phone from one ear to the other.

Dean leaned close to Maine before talking again. "Ang aga nyo humarot!"

"Dean!" Maine laughed while shooing her brother away. On the other side of the phone was RJ, with a big smile on his face after hearing her hearty laugh, who was just getting in his car to drive to his exam.

"Sige na, love. Pasok ka na SA SCHOOL and good luck sa exam mo," she said to him while glaring at Dean who had a smirk on his face.

"Thank you, love. Sorry ha, I can't drive for you this morning but I'll see you later after the exam. How about a lunch date later? May I take you out for lunch, love?" RJ asked and Maine could just picture his handsome smile while his dimple deepens.

"It's ok, love, it can wait. And, yes, of course, I'd love to," Maine replied with a smile and RJ swore he could also picture her smile as she talked.

Dean just ate his cereal and watched his sister fiddle with the fruits in front of her while saying goodbye to RJ.

"Need to go somewhere?" He asked once Maine ended the call.

"Di naman, Dean. I was just craving ham and cheese buns for breakfast."

It was the little things that Maine misses most about not being able to drive. She used to just grab her car keys and leave the house whenever she wanted something from the store, or whenever she wanted to just drive around. After her seizure while in surgery, and another one within a week, the law prohibits Maine from driving for at least a year. Although she hasn't had any since then, and is still taking anticonvulsant medication, she still has months to go before she's cleared to drive again.