Chapter 19

Note: Hi, everyone. To all of you na naka-abot dito sa chapter 19 after going through all those painful chapters before this, maraming salamat. Thank you kasi hindi kayo bumibitaw at thank you kasi hindi kayo nagsasawang i-share yung feedback, thoughts and feelings nyo sa comments. Sobrang na-appreciate ko yun lalo na lately nahirapan ako mag-sulat.

I know it's been really painful, kasi kahit ako nasasaktan sa nangyayari, but thank you for holding on. Thank you for staying on this ride and I hope you find this worthy of the emotions and time you spent following Maine and RJ's story.

At, dahil nasasaktan na rin ako, here's sort of what I call a breather chapter hehe. Thank you and I hope to see you all again in the next chapter. Hinga lang, laban lang!

[EDIT] P.S Sa mga nag-share din ng personal experiences nila related to the story and yung ibang scenes, salamat po at pasensya na kayo kasi nasasaktan ko kayo more than the story should. 😭 Huhu laban lang po. 🤗

=====<>=====

It was the morning after and Maine stood in front of her bathroom mirror, swallowing the lump in her throat while looking at the bald spots on her head. With her right hand, she slowly reached for her head and gently stroked the areas with no hair.

"It'll grow again, Maine. Your hair will grow again."

With a sigh, she looked at herself once more. "Magpaka-tatag ka pa, ha?" She said to herself while staring straight into her eyes. "Kaya mo toh."

Maine wiped her tears without taking her eyes off the mirror. "Lilipas din yung hirap. Lilipas din yung sakit. Lilipas din yung pagod. Lilipas din toh, Maine. Kaya mo toh."

Reminding herself that giving up was not an option became a routine for her and it was the same scene almost everyday while she stood in front of her bathroom mirror.

"Love?" She heard RJ's voice as he knocked on her bathroom door.

As a result of the neurological deficit from the surgery and the radiation therapy, weakness to the right side of her body can possibly be a long term problem and Maine will be using an arm crutch until she is stable enough without one. She carefully reached for it before walking to the door.

"In here, love," she called out while wiping her face dry before opening the door.

"Love, okay ka lang? Sumuka ka ba?" RJ asked with a worried look when they came face to face.

Maine paused and looked at him without saying a word before taking RJ's hand. "Di, love. Nag-banyo lang," she finally answered with a smile.

"Are you sure?" RJ asked, still worried.

She reached for his face and nodded before assuring him that she was okay.

"Bakit, love?" RJ asked when Maine just stared at him, a giddy smile forming as the corners of her lips curved upward.

"Ang gwapo gwapo kasi ng boyfriend ko lalo na kapag naka-baseball tee sya."

"Ah, gusto mo pala ng ganito, ha. Sige, araw araw naka-baseball tee na ako," RJ grinned while assisting her.

"Lakas maka-Landon Carter eh. Pogi lalo," she smiled at him.

It was hardly noticeable but his smile wavered when he heard the name. He's seen the movie and it hits way too close to home. It was definitely a compliment, knowing how much Maine loves the movie, but his character's fate was just too painful to even think about.