Chapter 15

Note: Hellooo! Mmm, where do I start haha I just wanted to apologize for taking a while before I got down to writing and posting this update. If you follow me on twitter, you might've noticed a few hints about me moving to a new city. I spent some time hanging out with friends before leaving and, since I stayed behind for a couple of months after the whole family moved, I've also been catching up with the fam this past week.

Anyway, going back to the story hehe I also wanted to thank you all for still reading. In terms of research, this has got to be the most complicated one so far just because of the complexity of Maine's condition. But, getting feedback from all of you, and simply having you read this, makes it all worth it. With that being said, tuloy ang laban!

Thank you, again, for reading, for voting and for your comments. Nakaka-tuwa magbasa and please know that when I hit a bump on the road, I come back to your comments for some inspiration and motivation to continue writing. I actually just finished reading all the comments from this story and C&C because I was stuck for a few days. Again, maraming salamat sa inyong lahat!

- 150rewind ❤️

=====<>=====

One day after waking up from her coma, her team was already hands on with getting her started on the recovery process. As expected, it was the start of an even more difficult battle for Maine.

"I can't," she said to the nurses and physiotherapists when they were trying to sit her up for the first time since her surgery.

Since she still has control of her trunk but has no control of her right arm and leg, the careplan for her was to sit up first before attempting therapy for her limbs.

"You can do it, Maine. We need to get you moving as soon as possible," the nurse said sympathetically. "It's okay, we're right here."

She knew she had to move because she didn't want any more respiratory and clotting complications from immobility on top of everything that she's already dealing with. The mental and physical strength this required was beyond anything she's ever had to endure before.

"Love, kaya mo yan," RJ told her with encouragement. "You can do it. Remember when we jumped off a cliff? Diba akala mo hindi mo kaya? Ang tapang mo dun eh kahit grabe yung kapit at sigaw mo sakin," he said with a smile. "Ganun din toh, love. Kumapit ka lang din. Kaya mo toh."

Maine closed her eyes and thought of that moment again, gathering strength to sit up. She smiled faintly as she held his hand and took a deep breath, slowly nodding to say that she was ready to try.

Her team held her and guided her in every inch that she moved until she was sitting up but she was just feeling too unwell for it.

RJ saw her color fade and watched as she turned pale. He panicked and ran to her back in an instant, providing support in case she fell backwards.

"I can't," she said again as she tightened her grip on the nurse. "I feel so lightheaded."

RJ climbed on the bed and used his body for Maine to lean on while she tried to keep herself up.

"You're gonna be okay, Maine, take slow deep breaths," the nurse said.

Maine kept her eyes closed as she took deep breaths, her lightheadedness still giving her a hard time keeping herself up. She was so dizzy and lightheaded, she really didn't know how she would ever get through her battle. But, with RJ and her family by her side, she was hopeful she'll get through it no matter how hard it gets.